Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Double Din Decks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Din Decks?

Looking for a deck replacement for my 2005 allroad 4.2, and was wondering if double din decks would work?

I'm worried that getting one installed would make me lose some of the button functions I currently have on the stock deck.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

easy. lots of great Kenwood models, with nav, backup cameras, phone with speaker. I got the whole setup for about $1000, looks fantastic. all steering wheel controls work great. I'd advise get one with a volume **** as opposed to plus/ minus volume control buttons. Get a mount for your phone where you can see it, and use it for Google maps, Pandora, or your own music.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe you mean stereos?

Isn't RNS-E a factory standard for 2005 ARs? At least it was in Europe. If you don't have it, get it. Original, designed to place and steering buttons work.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a Pioneer double din deck. I bought all the harness and mounts to adapt it from Enfig car stereo. They specialize in Audi aftermarket.

I have steering wheel control but not all buttons work. The volume keys work. The up/down buttons on the left side of the steering wheel work and provide a seek/skip track function. The bottom left/right bottoms do not work. The left button is supposed to answer/hang up calls with the Enfig adapter, but for some reason it doesn't work with my car/stereo.

I am very happy though otherwise.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the Pioneer AVIC X850 BT. Everything works great including the steering wheels controls.
Iphone 5 plays music wirelessly through the head unit, which is pretty awesome. If you really want to improve sound quality, do the infinity speaker upgrade as well.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

just put a pioneer avic-4000 nex in my all road, love it!. Some advice, ENFIG is the ONLY way to go for wiring adaptors but I would not buy the double-din mounting dash kit they offer. I bought one and had a few issues. It does fit but color match is horrible, its gray, not black and rubberized so if you scratch it, and you will, it looks bad. It also wouldn't allow the screen to open without interfering and because its rubberized sanding makes it look like crap. I had to have the unit out about 1/2" so it would open, a waist of $50-. I ended up buying the metra kit on amazon for $20-, one made for the a6. Fit/color match is excellent and with a little sanding on the inside edges of trim plate the unit opens and closes fine.

One more thing, due to can-bus I lost the ability to have radio on with key out in my car, radio is only on when ignition is on now. May not be a problem in newer models?