Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Calling Gforecephoto and Rushpuppy: hiss problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling Gforecephoto and Rushpuppy: hiss problem

I have this annoying hiss coming from my speakers ('04 AR with Bose) when the headunit is turned off. Did a search and found that you had the same problem and that the dealer ordered a new amp.

Did this resolve the issue or did they end up finding some other problem? My car is going in for the 5K service on Monday and would like to give the dealer a hint if possible. First dealer couldn't hear it so that solved it for them...

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2005, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default well.....

sorry to say that the new amp did not fix the problem. they wanted to keep the car for a LONG time after that, and we told them we would get back to them later. i am in the same position as you now, need to do 5k service and will let them try again (attempt #3). please keep me posted and i will do the same for you.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:03 AM

Default will let you know

That is too bad, I had hoped this would fix it. It seems as if the amp doesn't power down when you turn off the head unit.

Will post here next week to let you know what they said or did!
Old 03-24-2005, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default appointment on tuesday

i don't know if they will be able to figure out your problem on monday, but any help would be much appreciated. all the best to you on monday.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: appointment on tuesday

My guess is my car might be there for a few days, might have a suspension leak as well, not sure yet...

In case I find something out by Monday afternoon I will definitely post back here, good luck Tuesday!
Old 03-28-2005, 01:32 PM

Default No solution

Hi Rushpuppy,

Just called the service manager and according to him all new AR's in their showroom have the hiss coming from the speakers. Apparently, the amp is not powered down when the head unit is turned off and this produces the hiss. Since the other cars did it as well, he figured it is normal...

Sorry I couldn't be of any help
Old 03-28-2005, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default hmmm

sorry to hear that. my dealer does not think it is normal. while i am disappointed with them for not fixing it on the first 2 tries, at least they are still trying. if i were in your shoes, i might consider trying another dealership. anyway, if they fix mine, i will certainly let you know what the problem was. that way, you can get yours fixed wherever you want to take it.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Thanks!

Hi Rushpuppy,

This was my second try at the second dealer (this time with the dealer where I bought it).

Also, they could not duplicate the sagging front end (surprise since they only had it for a few hours) so that is all working according to spec as well.

I must say I'm a little bit disappointed with the service although they did do some good things.

I appreciate it if you can let me know what they found on your stereo, thanks!
Old 03-30-2005, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default update....

hi again 2004,

well, i just got a call from the service rep. he said the tech couldn't find the problem, so they did a search of the service database to see if others were experiencing similar problems -- they were. they looked for any solutions, none of which had been found yet. rather than giving up, my service rep called the big guns in. he is setting up an appointment (not until maybe friday) with the regional radio technician who will bring his "big fancy computer" to try to figure it out. i will keep you posted.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: update....

Hi Rushpuppy,

Ha, two of those reports are mine :-)

This thing is realy harder than it seems, isn't it? I have a friend with a 03 AR without Bose and his is just fine. I think it is Bose specific and they didn't wire it correctly so that the amp is not powered down.

I hope the radio tech will get a solution Friday, thanks for keeping me in the loop, I appreciate it! Sounds like you have a great service department!

Quick Reply: Calling Gforecephoto and Rushpuppy: hiss problem