Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Anyone want an OEM and/or more aggressive C5 Allroad/A6 & S6 Avant Roof Spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone want an OEM and/or more aggressive C5 Allroad/A6 & S6 Avant Roof Spoiler?

Would anyone be interested in a fiberglass or carbon fiber modified version (or even affordable OEM style) of the RS6-style Avant (C5 Avant/Allroad) Roof Spoiler?[/COLOR]

I'm going to make the modified version of this spoiler about 4" more outward, which is essentially doubling the current length of it now. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it definitely brings on a whole new look. Nothing crazy, but make it pop some more.

I've made the mock up a total of 3" more outward (compared to OEM) at the middle (furthest) point for this mock up. The OEM spoiler only sticks out from the body a mere ~1-3/4" at most, the modified version would be ~4-3/4"

I've seen lots of people want the RS6 Avant Roof Spoiler and often pay a hefty price for one or be completely turned off by the price and put it on their forever wish (but never get) list. Not to mention the OEM one below is "No Longer Available.”

I've also seen tons of people comment that it's too small and not aggressive enough. The Allroad, Avant and RS6 don't have any real great options unfortunately in this area and the options that are available are quite pricey usually at $400+ international shipping with wait times.

I, myself would love a good looking aggressive roof spoiler as well.

I currently have a brand new C5 A6Avant/S6 Avant/Allroad roof spoiler on hand that I have considered modifying since I'm in the field of composite parts.

What are YOUR thoughts? I'm going to make BOTH an oem version (since no longer made) and modified version too.

THESE WILL FIT ALL C5 AVANTS:
1999-2005 Audi Allroad
1997-2004 Audi A6 Avant
1999-2003 Audi S6 Avant

If I can get at least 5 people in for both styles I'll have the oem one molded and also a custom modified version made and molded and produced for us. Goal is at least 10 or more total people.

HOW MANY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE FOLLOWING INTRODUCTORY PRICING?

ORIGINAL OEM STYLE SPOILER AS SHOWN:
FIBERGLASS:
-$250 SHIPPED in the Cont. US 48 states
-$300 SHIPPED WORLDWIDE

CARBON FIBER:
-$375 SHIPPED in the Cont. US 48 states
-$425 SHIPPED WORLDWIDE

MODIFIED/MORE AGGRESSIVE STYLE SPOILER:
FIBERGLASS:
-$300 SHIPPED in the Cont. US 48 states
-$350 SHIPPED WORLDWIDE

CARBON FIBER:
-$425 SHIPPED in the Cont. US 48 states
-$475 SHIPPED WORLDWIDE

PRE-ORDER PAYMENT OPTIONS:
FIBERGLASS - OEM OR MODIFIED:
-PARTIAL DOWN PAYMENT of $125 NOW and remainder when mold is ready.
-FULL PAYMENT

CARBON FIBER - OEM OR MODIFIED:
-PARTIAL DOWN of $225 NOW and remainder when mold is ready.
-FULL PAYMENT

Payments:
Are to be made via paypal to s30zforce@yahoo.com - be sure to list your screen name, forum, full name and address, as well as which spoiler you're buying and what material.

Please let me know your thoughts and if you're interested in either the oem or modified versions as I will make both.

ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST OF EITHER OEM OR MODIFIED IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, AS I'M ALREADY TAKING PRE-ORDERS AND HOPE TO HAVE THESE PRODUCED AND GOING BY MARCH 15, 2014.

PRE-ORDER LIST: (UPDATED 2-16-2014)
OEM:
1. SteelyS6 (Audizine)
2. quattro.pilot (Quattro World)

MODIFIED:
1. 280zForce (Audizine/Quattro World) - Fiberglass
2. ricam78 (Audizine/Quattro World) - Fiberglass
3. A6Avant (Audizine)
4. 4rings2turbos (Audizine) - Fiberglass
5. Christopher Longstaff (Facebook) - Fiberglass
6. k2switch23 (Audizine) - Fiberglass
7. samaj (Audizine) - Fiberglass
8. magmakensuke (Audizine) - Fiberglass
9. rollerton (Audizine) - Fiberglass
10. geeky (Audizine) - Fiberglass
11. korben007 (Audizine) - Fiberglass

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pictures of the cars below are NOT mine, they're just being used as examples. The picture of the actual oem spoiler on the cardboard, is mine.

Here's how an OEM Avant Roof Spoiler looks naturally installed on an Allroad...
CLICK PICS TO ENLARGE:

and here's some other wagons that have a lil more aggressive appeal in my opinion as examples (ignore some of the line work on them, just look at the appeal of the extension they offer)...
CLICK PICS TO ENLARGE:

PRE-ORDER LIST: (UPDATED 2-16-2014)
OEM:
1. SteelyS6 (Audizine)
2. quattro.pilot (Quattro World)

MODIFIED:
1. 280zForce (Audizine/Quattro World) - Fiberglass
2. ricam78 (Audizine/Quattro World) - Fiberglass
3. A6Avant (Audizine)
4. 4rings2turbos (Audizine) - Fiberglass
5. Christopher Longstaff (Facebook) - Fiberglass
6. k2switch23 (Audizine) - Fiberglass
7. samaj (Audizine) - Fiberglass
8. magmakensuke (Audizine) - Fiberglass
9. rollerton (Audizine) - Fiberglass
10. geeky (Audizine) - Fiberglass
11. korben007 (Audizine) - Fiberglass

Last edited by 280zForce; 02-16-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I like your idea, i have to say that the factory spoiler is still available, just not the way it was formerly. When I ordered the RS6 one from Audi Parts Superstore, painted and for $449, Todd informed me that they were no longer available. So I tried to order it from ECS and got the same result.
Then Todd got back to me. He found it. It's a different part number because it's for an A6 and it doesn't come painted, only primed. The good news is it's only $296. However, it's made the same way, right down to the embedded magnets for positioning.
If I had not just bought one for my newest allroad I would definitely go for the one you are making. It looks very sharp.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mike B
While I like your idea, i have to say that the factory spoiler is still available, just not the way it was formerly. When I ordered the RS6 one from Audi Parts Superstore, painted and for $449, Todd informed me that they were no longer available. So I tried to order it from ECS and got the same result.
Then Todd got back to me. He found it. It's a different part number because it's for an A6 and it doesn't come painted, only primed. The good news is it's only $296. However, it's made the same way, right down to the embedded magnets for positioning.
If I had not just bought one for my newest allroad I would definitely go for the one you are making. It looks very sharp.
The factory A6 Avant spoiler may still be on the shelves at some Audi dealers and stores, BUT it's no longer being produced by Audi. Once those are gone, they're gone. They're essentially NOS parts (new old stock).

The great part is I'm not only offering the OEM one, but also the modified one I'm making.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like your modified one, but I've got the factory one on both cars already.

I hate to suggest this, but what about an extension for those of us who already have them. Oh well, that probably wouldn't work.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I love the idea, thinking this new version might stick out a bit to far for my taste. Guess I'll wait and see the end application before deciding.