Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Any info on '13 US All Road?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any info on '13 US All Road?

Just saw this on the Audi website: http://models.audiusa.com/allroad

Not much info there - anyone have any insight as to available powerplants, seating configs, etc?
Old 03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Buddy of mine got an invite to test-drive one this week. We're going Friday morning. I'll report back
Old 03-12-2012, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mooreroad
Buddy of mine got an invite to test-drive one this week. We're going Friday morning. I'll report back
Awesome - thanks in advance! I know it's unlikely they'll offer a manual transmission or a TDI version in the US but I'd be over the moon if they did either. It also mentions 3 preset modes for driving on the website - if you can find out more about those and if there is a true off-road mode similar to a 4wd 'low' mode you'd find on a 4x4 truck/SUV that would be appreciated. Any intel on utility for backcountry camping trips such as total range, etc. would be much appreciated. Cheers and have fun!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

offroading it would be for very light stuff, as mentioned in reviews there's still not going to be any skid plates only plastic covers...
Old 03-13-2012, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kristatos
Awesome - thanks in advance! I know it's unlikely they'll offer a manual transmission or a TDI version in the US but I'd be over the moon if they did either. It also mentions 3 preset modes for driving on the website - if you can find out more about those and if there is a true off-road mode similar to a 4wd 'low' mode you'd find on a 4x4 truck/SUV that would be appreciated. Any intel on utility for backcountry camping trips such as total range, etc. would be much appreciated. Cheers and have fun!
As I understand it, the 'allroad' will only be available as tiptronic and with the 2.0T motor. the three preset modes for driving is the Audi Drive Select, which is currently available on the Prestige A4's and I believe will be available (not standard) on the 'allroad' as part of the same package.

Take this with a grain of salt, but this car is just a rebadged A4 Avant with taller springs, some rubber cladding, and $2k tacked onto the MSRP. I really don't see a lot of value to the car.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mooreroad
How did he get an invite, and how do I get one?!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by EurosportAMG
offroading it would be for very light stuff, as mentioned in reviews there's still not going to be any skid plates only plastic covers...

There are front and rear stainless shell skid plates.