Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Air Suspension Diagnosis Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension Diagnosis Help Needed

Bought my allroad about a month ago and new it needed at least the front bags replaced. Got the front bags replaced at a shop.

They said the rear bags and compressor were fine.

Just got snow tires put on at tire place today. Forgot to tell them about Jack mode.

When I get my car back. It is down and won't come back up on any of the wheels.

Compressor runs for about a 90 secs and then goes from the Orange suspension car light on the dash blinking to solid and it stops pumping.

Car is down all the way and the #1 green light on the center console blinks.

Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh boy. You will need a Vag-Com to figure out what got screwed up by not using jack mode. Hopefully it is just a sensor or calibration issue. Could be shock damage. Compressor may have gone into overheat as well.

Does it raise up to level 1 or is it way down?

Basically by not using jack mode, all the air was let out of the bags. When they lowered it back down off the lift it fully collapsed the bags and suspension.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not sure if it makes a difference but it was a little shop and they did front axle up. Front axle down. Back axle up. Back axle down.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It blinks on level 1 and seems way down...like when I first got it.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm not sure I agree with the assessment that the air springs bleed out all of their air when the car is jacked up.

I do know that when you first install springs you have to fill them up prior to letting them down.

Why would it bleed out all the air. The run on mode only lasts for 15 mins right? And that only runs if it is low.

I had thought the jack mode was to keep your car's compressor from running needlessly, or to keep it from changing height during service.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Advanced search of "jack mode" = 236 hits

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ight=jack+mode

Pay particular attention to Ex-PzKW Cdr's comments. He owns his own shop and has owned several allroad's.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default One thought

Can I jack it up to the equivalent of level 4 then turn it on to see if they will fill with no weight? I'm getting no rise. Was having no problems until this and compressor runs ... Sort of loud but don't know how loud. I seriously doubt all 4 springs busted... But can't figure why with compressor working and 2 new springs it won't rise....
Old 12-04-2011, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sketch44
Can I jack it up to the equivalent of level 4 then turn it on to see if they will fill with no weight? I'm getting no rise. Was having no problems until this and compressor runs ... Sort of loud but don't know how loud. I seriously doubt all 4 springs busted... But can't figure why with compressor working and 2 new springs it won't rise....
You would have to put it into jack mode then lift the whole car together. Go for something around level 2 equivalent. Take out of jack mode with engine running and select level 3. No guarantee, but worth a try.

Reason not to go for level 4 is that level 3 must be reached before level 4 can be selected.

Last edited by 5v/cyl; 12-04-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

just bought a couple of more jack stands to lift all four wheels together....wish me luck!
Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sketch44
just bought a couple of more jack stands to lift all four wheels together....wish me luck!
Make sure you are slightly lower with the jackstands than the level you are trying to reach. If you raise it too high with the stands it will try to let air out and you will go the wrong way.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Diagnosis Help Needed