Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

04 allroad suspension - car not always rising, warning light flashing

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 allroad suspension - car not always rising, warning light flashing

No, not an airbag problem this time. Now, the suspension warning icon light goes on intermittently and the car lowers to the bottom level. Sometimes it rises, sometimes not. I doubt there's a leak in the system because some days it works fine and other times it doesn't. It does not drop overnight.
Would appreciate any thoughts you might have.
Thanks and happy new year to you all,
Mark (JimiRayClapton)
Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does the warning light ever come on when it's at the higher levels? I guess I'm confused because you said it wasn't losing air overnight, but the light will come on only when it lowers completely? So it is sporadically lowering completely and then the warning light will come on?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Nope, warning light comes on when the car drops to the lowest level. And get this -- the car rises when I drive it at which time all the level indicator lights flash on and off until it rises to the third of the four levels.
Is it possible that it's a sensor or switch electrical problem?
Thanks nnw, Mark
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your compressor making funny noises when it runs?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Have you solved your problem yet?
Is it a control unit failure?

I am currently replacing a LF Level Sensor which threw a code 01769-Level Sensor (G289).
It has kept the dash light on for 10 weeks.
Part arrives tomorrow.

I have another suspension issue the past few days, the LF air shock deflates overnight. I have sprayed it with soapy water but cannot find a leak. Car has 82K miles and the rubber bladder appears to be in great shape with no signs of aging, cracking, brittleness or wear.

I am curious if the failing Level Sensor can be causing bag to deflate? But if it was bad Level Sensor then it should be a problem while running...not while parked.

Great link below:

http://allroadfaq.com/downloads/tech...ension%202.pdf
Old 01-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, If you are 100% certain it is not the bag, then the problem should trace back to a line/fitting or the valve assembly.

It is possible some interesting electrical issue is opening the valve to dump, but as you said, it doesnt make as much sense when the car is off.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gorfllub
Well, If you are 100% certain it is not the bag, then the problem should trace back to a line/fitting or the valve assembly.

It is possible some interesting electrical issue is opening the valve to dump, but as you said, it doesnt make as much sense when the car is off.
Gorfllub, I have been reading your thread on modifying the air ride system. You're a madman, or maybe more like an electrical mad scientist.

Not 100% sure it's not leaking but sure cant find any leaks. I will be installing the new Level Sensor (G289) tomorrow so the truth about a leak will be learned over the weekend.

Lowest price on the Level Sensor #4z7941286c was $141. Carson.
Local Audi Retail was $294.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Lol. Thanks for the compliment

I don't even have the car yet, and it will be hard to get time to play with it. (it's for the wife) !
Old 01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arcticdriver
Gorfllub, I have been reading your thread on modifying the air ride system. You're a madman, or maybe more like an electrical mad scientist.

Not 100% sure it's not leaking but sure cant find any leaks. I will be installing the new Level Sensor (G289) tomorrow so the truth about a leak will be learned over the weekend.

Lowest price on the Level Sensor #4z7941286c was $141. Carson.
Local Audi Retail was $294.
Hi Guys,

if the car sinks all the time parked at level 1 and is ok at level 3 there is a airbag leak, they can be hard to find, mainly on the lower radius of the bag where it folds down into the shock, spray soapy water on it and rub it right round the back with your hands, all on the lower section, the leak may be around the back, put the wheel back on the ground and sit the car at level 1 on the car weight to get the airbag to sit as it does when parked, then look after 5-10 mins for bubbles, you may need a mirror to check round the back

regadrs

Andy
Old 01-14-2013, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mark Jacobs
Formerly JimiRayClapton
Limited Edition Fender Stratocaster
52 RI Fender Telecaster
Parker Fly Custom
Duck Dunn P Bass
SWR Workingman's Bass Amp
Thanks nnw, Mark
"Casters, Fly, Bass"...

Good to meet you, I love fishin' for smallmouths myself but have never tried using flies.

Quick Reply: 04 allroad suspension - car not always rising, warning light flashing