Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Wireless Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mlavio829
Has anyone noticed a significant lag when talking on the phone? (usually noticed by the other person as if i'm talking over them)
It's been mentioned in this thread I think. I find it's a pretty short delay, maybe 1/2 second or less, but that is just my experience. However, I don't make many calls in the car so it hasn't been a big deal for me as I find all the other convenience far outweighs the small delay on calls. I basically would not use the carplay at all when I had to plug in my phone every time. Now I use it via wireless carplay every single day for music, podcasts, text messages etc.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mlavio829
Has anyone noticed a significant lag when talking on the phone? (usually noticed by the other person as if i'm talking over them)
I noticed an initial lag when it gets connected. However, after a few seconds, the call quality gets better. I don’t know if there maybe other interference from various signals and wifi nearby. My experience so far is ok.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Much better today guys no issues. Had a few phone calls too with zero issue. Key here is to scan the QR Code in manual to make sure it’s up to date.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by B8 S FOR
Much better today guys no issues. Had a few phone calls too with zero issue. Key here is to scan the QR Code in manual to make sure it’s up to date.
Glad to hear, now lets get that Android version done, Stat!
Old 02-27-2020, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have the manual anymore. Where are you getting the QR code? Where does it take you? How are you updating? Could you forward a link? I had been going to 192.168.50.2 in a browser on my phone and pulling updates, but there hasn't been an update for a while and I'm getting crackling and other issues sporadically.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

My guess would be that the QR code links to a similar http website where they can get upgrades. I’m not sure if there is simply one parent company doing all the upgrades for the different units or if each different company had their own team.

ive also noticed they havnt put out an upgrade in a while. It’s mostly stable which is nice but there’s always room for improvement
Old 02-27-2020, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom E
I don't have the manual anymore. Where are you getting the QR code? Where does it take you? How are you updating? Could you forward a link? I had been going to 192.168.50.2 in a browser on my phone and pulling updates, but there hasn't been an update for a while and I'm getting crackling and other issues sporadically.
BOOM!

The following users liked this post:
Tom E (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is no one else experiencing an unacceptable delay when talking on the phone?
I know some people have said that it was talked about before but i am still experiencing this issue on the latest version.
Latest version of iOS 13 and latest version of the dongle firmware from the QR code/URL

The device works fine otherwise - occasionally it will give me very choppy audio and the maps will sometimes buffer which is quite odd but otherwise a quick reset of the phone and the MMI seems to fix that.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I had a longer call this morning and there was no noticeable delay as I was arguing with wife, so I know it worked. We didn’t talk over each other or maybe the delay helped.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

the delay isn't that bad for me either. however, i dont really talk on the phone. i will agree with stwus tho, the delay seems to be improved over when i first got the device. maybe it's a combination of firmware updates on the device and possibly updates in iOS itself?

Quick Reply: Wireless Carplay