Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

What brand of Ceramic Coacting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What brand of Ceramic Coacting?

RS5 being delivered in about a week and starting to read up on the ceramic coating thing. Have never had it done before but it sounds pretty good, I have one installer offering Ceramic Pro and have read on here about GTechniq. What is the consensus about which is the better product or maybe another option? I am in Texas so any referrals for shops in Houston or Austin would be welcomed as well.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with Ceramic Pro on the RS5. I had GTechniq on a previous vehicle and it seemed to work well. I've had the Ceramic Pro on for about 2 months and in comparison to the GTechniq, I would say the Ceramic Pro seems noticeably better in terms of keeping the car "clean" between washes and water beading seems slightly better. That could be the difference between a consumer-grade product like GTechniq and a pro-grade product like Ceramic Pro.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

I have GTechniq and I guess it's good. It makes the surface tougher I suppose, but I don't really know if I'll ever do ceramic again, as I am not sure it lives up to the hype. My car still gets dirty and it still has to be washed with out without it. Now PPF is a must and I really have valued that (SunTek). Gig'em.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Unless you are hung up ceramic, I will suggest RejeX. It is also a paint sealant, applies just like a liquid wax. I applied it on my car, two coats last year. the water still beads off nicely, resists water spots too.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 648 Likes on 421 Posts

Went with Ceramic Pro on my last three cars. Works great!
Old 06-29-2019, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually did the GTechniq EXO and CSL kit myself. Not too tough to do. Just make sure the surface is cleaned and polished before application. Also make sure to use an iron remover to get rid of any rail dust. I've only had it on a month so can't give any long term review. So far so good. I've used Klasse sealant for years but wanted to try one of the ceramics.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:10 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,384 Posts

My installer used a product called Jade (and I believe it’s a professional only product) and the photo below shows the water beading up 12 months after being installed — and this was just the “wet down” prior to washing. Keep in mind that my car is garage kept so YMMV:

— John
Old 06-29-2019, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AgsWin
RS5 being delivered in about a week and starting to read up on the ceramic coating thing. Have never had it done before but it sounds pretty good, I have one installer offering Ceramic Pro and have read on here about GTechniq. What is the consensus about which is the better product or maybe another option? I am in Texas so any referrals for shops in Houston or Austin would be welcomed as well.
I had Modesta professionally applied by a terrific installer where I live. Certainly not the cheapest option but I am extremely pleased with the results and 7+ years of protection that it should provide. Super glossy and I plan to follow the aftercare instructions that Modesta and my installer recommended.
The following 2 users liked this post by overrated:
NJS5 (06-29-2019), Pleasanton 335 (07-06-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I went with Feynlab Self Heal Lite and love it much better than my previous car that had GTechniq. Also love how any slight scratch will dissappear with heat. Was originally skeptical about it but saw it in person.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Have Opticoat Pro on my car and, after 5 years, it is holding up better than the Ceramic Pro applied to my wife's car only 1 year ago.

Quick Reply: What brand of Ceramic Coacting?