Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

USA: Has anyone been able to activate the blue headlight laser on their 2024 Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default USA: Has anyone been able to activate the blue headlight laser on their 2024 Audi?

I have a 2024 A5 Prestige, and I went through someone to have my Matrix headlights activated as well as enable the Blue laser and RS headlight/taillight animations.

He was able to active the matrix features and disable the amber side markers, but he said that for whatever reason, the module that manages the laser and animations would not accept his coding. We were hooked up to ODIS/Audi servers and everything, still no dice.

He said he's never encountered this before, so I'm not sure if something changed in the 2024 models? Has anyone had luck with this?
The following users liked this post:
Alex@Europrice.us (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

ACM?

Last edited by coolguyha; 04-17-2024 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-17-2024, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It looks like the module is locked with SFD2, which makes coding impossible. Hopefully someone can get it figured out soon.
Old 04-17-2024, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Reach out to NPG.
They did almost 80+ 2024 models... without any issues.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Matrix Headlights

Originally Posted by Slash8915
I have a 2024 A5 Prestige, and I went through someone to have my Matrix headlights activated as well as enable the Blue laser and RS headlight/taillight animations.

He was able to active the matrix features and disable the amber side markers, but he said that for whatever reason, the module that manages the laser and animations would not accept his coding. We were hooked up to ODIS/Audi servers and everything, still no dice.

He said he's never encountered this before, so I'm not sure if something changed in the 2024 models? Has anyone had luck with this?
Wait!!! So even though I have the Matrix Headlights, we can't use them here in the U.S. until we activate it???
Wolverine1 (04-20-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 09:56 AM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Try Alex at Europrice. Cost was too prohibitive for me since I don't drive at night much

https://europrice.us/headlight-activ...north-american
Alex@Europrice.us (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 228 Likes on 184 Posts

Just added more information to the matrix activation thread here concerning this:

A5, S5, RS5 B9.5 Matrix LED Headlight Activation Information... <-Click Link for More Information

It looks like the module is locked with SFD2, which makes coding impossible. Hopefully someone can get it figured out soon.
The proper equipment and abilities are needed to activate all of the options for the 2024+ models. It's about to get even harder but we have prepared here for the coming changes with SFD2 being fully implemented shortly (it's not yet so there shouldn't be a reason you couldn't have the laser lighting activated other than improper equipment or inability to do the service properly).

Originally Posted by Elliedad
Wait!!! So even though I have the Matrix Headlights, we can't use them here in the U.S. until we activate it???
Yes, unfortunately in North America the matrix headlights functionality is not activated. This was originally due to the slowness of regulators here and now even worse the regulators have not used the European regulations but instead created way stricter rules that current matrix headlights very likely cannot meet.

This means that there is almost no chance current matrix headlights in North America will be activated by Audi, ever. In the future when Audi releases new models or facelift models there is a chance that the full matrix functionality will come activated from the factory but so far see zero movement on that happening.

For more information on activation of your matrix functionality and laser lighting if you have it:

Website Link: Matrix LED Headlight Activation <-Click Link for More Information

If anyone has further questions just let me know here or feel free to email anytime: contact@europrice.us

Cheers!

Old 04-17-2024, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Just added more information to the matrix activation thread here concerning this:

A5, S5, RS5 B9.5 Matrix LED Headlight Activation Information... <-Click Link for More Information

The proper equipment and abilities are needed to activate all of the options for the 2024+ models. It's about to get even harder but we have prepared here for the coming changes with SFD2 being fully implemented shortly (it's not yet so there shouldn't be a reason you couldn't have the laser lighting activated other than improper equipment or inability to do the service properly).

Yes, unfortunately in North America the matrix headlights functionality is not activated. This was originally due to the slowness of regulators here and now even worse the regulators have not used the European regulations but instead created way stricter rules that current matrix headlights very likely cannot meet.

This means that there is almost no chance current matrix headlights in North America will be activated by Audi, ever. In the future when Audi releases new models or facelift models there is a chance that the full matrix functionality will come activated from the factory but so far see zero movement on that happening.

For more information on activation of your matrix functionality and laser lighting if you have it:

Website Link: Matrix LED Headlight Activation <-Click Link for More Information

If anyone has further questions just let me know here or feel free to email anytime: contact@europrice.us

Cheers!
What would you charge to activate the blue laser and RS5 headlight/taillight animations on my vehicle? I already have the matrix features enabled
​​​
Old 04-18-2024, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The laser spot light is active on US cars (supposedly at reduced output?)
Are you trying to activate the blue LED accent light?
I also want the rear running lights always on (Scandinavian mode) but not worth paying too many hundred $$$ for these features...
Old 04-18-2024, 07:57 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 228 Likes on 184 Posts

What would you charge to activate the blue laser and RS5 headlight/taillight animations on my vehicle? I already have the matrix features enabled
​​​
The base package includes the matrix activation and then the laser light activation is an add-on as part of a package. With that said you would have guaranteed proper full matrix functionality complete with route crossing plus the full laser activation with the blue accent lighting for your 2024 model so long as you have laser capable headlights factory fitted. If you are unsure what headlights you have from the factory you can always shoot an email over with your VIN: contact@europrice.us

As for the animations, these can be car specific due to what factory modules are installed in the vehicle. Some modules will not output animations at all and others will only output certain animations. So not something that is offered here due to those variations which aren't simply determinable via VIN.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: USA: Has anyone been able to activate the blue headlight laser on their 2024 Audi?