Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Thinking of picking up an RS5 SB. Looks like a lot of inventory; current discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Thinking of picking up an RS5 SB. Looks like a lot of inventory; current discounts?

Sorry...I know these threads can be annoying but figured it would be helpful to gather a few data points. Ill pay MSRP when its necessary, but looking at 400+ SBs that seem to be in inventory I figure I should be going for a fairly significant discount. Purchased a 2019 Q7 Prestige in March for the wife and got about 13% off. The day I bought the Q, they offered me 10% on an S5 SB if I bought that weekend. I test drove the RS5 and asked for the same deal and they hesitated so I told them I really didnt want to buy 2 cars in 2 days anyway (marriage might have been in jeopardy!). As I search, I see some dealers offering nearly 10% off on their websites. My thought is a good deal is about 10-12% off? With the options I want, Im looking at 83-86k sticker prices.

I dont need this car...so I am more than happy to wait until December and then start calling around to pick one off...but figured if I could get close to that deal now I would at least enjoy a few months of fall driving before the Midwest winter.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got 10% off my RS5 SB in May. I'm in Southern California and spoke to 5 dealers and had them competing against each other. As I was about to purchase, all 5 dealers were within a couple hundred dollars of each other, so that said to me they've all gone about as low as they could go. There was pretty good inventory in SoCal back in May. If inventory is high in your area and you have multiple dealers you can get to compete against each other, I think you could get at least 10% and possibly a little bit more. 10% discount is already a "loss" for the dealer based on invoice pricing.

Good luck. Hope you can land a great deal on the exact RS5 SB you want!
Old 09-04-2019, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by atombomb33
I got 10% off my RS5 SB in May. I'm in Southern California and spoke to 5 dealers and had them competing against each other. As I was about to purchase, all 5 dealers were within a couple hundred dollars of each other, so that said to me they've all gone about as low as they could go. There was pretty good inventory in SoCal back in May. If inventory is high in your area and you have multiple dealers you can get to compete against each other, I think you could get at least 10% and possibly a little bit more. 10% discount is already a "loss" for the dealer based on invoice pricing.

Good luck. Hope you can land a great deal on the exact RS5 SB you want!
thanks for the insights! Yours is optioned pretty much like I want. Will go white, nardo, silver or black.