Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Spankin' New S5 Sportback

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmorais
Awesome! You'll love it!
I'm not regretting Mythos black with black interior one bit! Looks so great. Definitely getting the ceramic to help make maintenance a breeze. The tint is absolutely necessary though...they just don't look quite right without it.
Let me know when you do this and also what product the shop used!
Old 06-14-2017, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
Very nice!

I've never had a ceramic treatment done on a car, but have read about it (and the benefits), and am intrigued. What do you think it'll run to have it done?
Go here, it will give you some insight in terms of costs and the options.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...ction-2921335/ ... see post #7 and #8.

I did it to my Allroad (Sepang Blue) and it does work. I will have it done to my S5 (daytona gray). I went with Getechniq crystal serum professionally applied. ~$1.2K.

Last edited by Fdvigna; 06-14-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by synaptik
Let me know when you do this and also what product the shop used!
The tint is with Llamar Pinnacle Series. Did 30%. Also did the front windshield to give UV protection. It says 80% but looks pretty clear to me. Definitely don't go through the dealer for tints. Mine quoted me *double* what my shop charged...and turns out it's the actual shop my dealer uses. There was a sold red S5 Sportback getting prepped there for a customer when I pulled in.

Still researching the ceramic. Have the number for his Ceramic Pro Canada contact and also have a high end shop near me called Elegant Motoring which is a certified shop. Going to talk to him about options as well.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

I put ceramic pro on my S5SB...$1000 bucks....I love it....I can just hose the car off or use spray detailer between washes and it looks great
Old 06-15-2017, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chris
Very nice!

I've never had a ceramic treatment done on a car, but have read about it (and the benefits), and am intrigued. What do you think it'll run to have it done?
Beautiful car. Would like to learn more about ceramic treatment. What does it do? Is it just for racing or every day driving?
Old 06-15-2017, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Go here, it will give you some insight in terms of costs and the options.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...ction-2921335/ ... see post #7 and #8.

I did it to my Allroad (Sepang Blue) and it does work. I will have it done to my S5 (daytona gray). I went with Getechniq crystal serum professionally applied. ~$1.2K.
That doesn't seem unreasonable. I'm curious, how does it hold up against road grit and other standard winter conditions (like deicer)? Does it protect well against chips due to small pebbles, or do they leave marks?

I'm considering either a quality film protector (professionally installed, of course) or a ceramic treatment like this for my next car. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2017, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great looking ride!

I had my Mythos treated with Crystal Serum Pro a week ago and just washed it for the first time. It wasn't that dirty but I can tell the coating will make keeping it clean much much easier.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ajbutler13
There's just nothing quite as nice as a black car when it's clean and shiny...
Just imposible to keep that way...but they sure do look good!
Old 06-21-2017, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was debating between wrapping the mirrors and just getting the carbon fibre caps. Decided on the caps today. Easy enough install and looks much better than the chrome caps IMO. Matches the carbon inlay nicely.
Attached Thumbnails Spankin' New S5 Sportback-img_20170621_171556.jpg   Spankin' New S5 Sportback-img_20170621_172001.jpg  
Old 06-21-2017, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmorais
Was debating between wrapping the mirrors and just getting the carbon fibre caps. Decided on the caps today. Easy enough install and looks much better than the chrome caps IMO. Matches the carbon inlay nicely.
Awesome! how much were the caps? part number?

Quick Reply: Spankin' New S5 Sportback