Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Sold the RS5 - went over to the dark/beaver tooth side

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
The only options I didn't go with were the carbon bucket seats (this is a daily driver and I didn't find them comfortable), the exterior carbon package (I'll probably go aftermarket for those pieces if/when I want them), and the carbon ceramic brakes (questionable whether they would get added anyways or delay the build due to the shortage off CCBs).
That's pretty much the configuration I'm considering. Even if I could tolerate the buckets, they would never work for my passengers. I received enough complaints about the S Sport seats in the S5.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 648 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
The carbon bucket seats would be a must for me. Those are amazing. I love my Recaro bucket seats in my AMG even for daily driving. Actually, especially for daily driving. So well shaped to my body and I get zero fatigue as opposed to so-called comfort seats where I constantly have to use my muscles to stay in the seat.

I'm sure he'll be back posting. I meant that I doubt he'll be back in an RS after experiencing an M, unless the M turns out to be too much for him.
If it wasn't my daily driver (I.e. odd times I have my kids, wife, or clients in my car), I would have gotten the carbon buckets...they look and are very comfortable....ONCE YOU ARE IN THEM. It's not easy to get in and out of those with the high side bolsters. The sport seats are far more comfortable and still look very good IMO.

Oh I'll be back. I lurk around all the forums of my previous vehicles LOL. I like finding out what's new with each manufacturer.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,066 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
That's pretty much the configuration I'm considering. Even if I could tolerate the buckets, they would never work for my passengers. I received enough complaints about the S Sport seats in the S5.
Tell them to take the bus .
Old 01-23-2024, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JD15
Exactly! That's what I just said above as well. If it was just me driving the car, I would get them but I do have passengers sometimes and don't even want to bother with that. Come on pull the trigger and get one! One of the reasons I did now also, was that I didn't want to wait and see the price increases for the 2025 LCI (and I don't like the new headlights).
Old 01-23-2024, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If it wasn't my daily driver (I.e. odd times I have my kids, wife, or clients in my car), I would have gotten the carbon buckets...they look and are very comfortable....ONCE YOU ARE IN THEM. It's not easy to get in and out of those with the high side bolsters. The sport seats are far more comfortable and still look very good IMO.

Oh I'll be back. I lurk around all the forums of my previous vehicles LOL. I like finding out what's new with each manufacturer.
Yes, buckets take a bit of gymnastics to get in. Easier if you are in shape. Having said that, during my European Delivery trip while staying with my mom and dad in Switzerland my then 71 year old, somewhat overweight mom wanted to keep riding in my car all the time. My 73 year old dad climbed in the back no problem.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Yes, buckets take a bit of gymnastics to get in. Easier if you are in shape. Having said that, during my European Delivery trip while staying with my mom and dad in Switzerland my then 71 year old, somewhat overweight mom wanted to keep riding in my car all the time. My 73 year old dad climbed in the back no problem.
It can be done for sure. Just not my cup of tea at this stage with kids and such. Not to mention, lots of people are seeing significant wear on the bolsters from ingress and egress...my OCD would go crazy seeing that. Not sure if that's an issue on the AMG buckets or not.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not to mention, lots of people are seeing significant wear on the bolsters from ingress and egress...my OCD would go crazy seeing that. Not sure if that's an issue on the AMG buckets or not.
At 34k only a few creases in the soft Nappa leather on the driver's seat. No more than previous cars with less aggressive seats. I always lift myself over the bolsters, though, in every car with sports seats instead of sliding in on the bolsters. The latter is what causes the wear, buckets or not. FWIW, I don't wear abrasive denim with metal pieces on them, either. Most of the seat damage I caused in the past was actually from pieces of metal on my pants like a broken zipper, belts or something ending up scratching the leather.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-23-2024 at 02:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
AscariBlue (01-23-2024), Burrcold (01-23-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Oh Nooooooooo!!! I knew you were headed to the dark side! Just messing...Good for you my guy. My brother is in the process of acquiring a 2021 M4 in Isle of Man Green. He should have it next week. I really hope i don't like it but its sexy AF, LOL. Make sure you take one of those "over the garage" shots for us when you get it!
Old 01-24-2024, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TONY_82
Oh Nooooooooo!!! I knew you were headed to the dark side! Just messing...Good for you my guy. My brother is in the process of acquiring a 2021 M4 in Isle of Man Green. He should have it next week. I really hope i don't like it but its sexy AF, LOL. Make sure you take one of those "over the garage" shots for us when you get it!
Haha thanks man!! The "over the garage shots" LOL love it. I will for sure! Hopefully it comes on-time (late April?)...production starts next month but wait times are still a bit wonky (not as bad as during covid or the chip shortage though).
Old 02-23-2024, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For any of you that are interested, it's cool that BMW has a tracking tool that shows you through every single stage from ordering, each production step, and all the transportation stages. Everything is real time as well. It's pretty cool. My vehicle just finished final assembly/production and is going through QC checks right now and will be in transport any day!
Attached Thumbnails Sold the RS5 - went over to the dark/beaver tooth side-img_2323.png  

Quick Reply: Sold the RS5 - went over to the dark/beaver tooth side