Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Sold the RS5 - went over to the dark/beaver tooth side

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 649 Likes on 422 Posts
Default Sold the RS5 - went over to the dark/beaver tooth side

I can't believe I actually did it but the timing was right. My local dealer had an allocation open up for production next month on a 2024 BMW M3 Competition xDrive. They offered me a pretty insane trade in on the RS5 which is really what made me make a final decision. Test drove a used one again just to be sure before I pulled the trigger.

It's hard to say goodbye to the RS5 because it's so good looking! Despite the pig nose, the G80 M3 looks and aggressive bulges are really appealing to me in person (I definitely get the looks aren't for everyone).

I don't keep cars for that long, so who knows this might just buy me some time before the B10 RS5 comes out!

For those that care, I went with Skyscraper Grey Metallic exterior on Fiona Red interior (full leather this time - dash, door cards, etc.). Looks basically like the one in this picture.
Attached Images  
The following 7 users liked this post by Burrcold:
Aviator6 (01-23-2024), CKinLA (01-23-2024), donnyboy58 (01-24-2024), iampraneel (01-23-2024), JD15 (01-23-2024), SloopJohnB@mac.com (02-26-2024), Zombie5150 (01-23-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-23-2024, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 377 Likes on 260 Posts

Sorry to se you leaving the Audi family, but congrats on the BMW,
The following users liked this post:
Burrcold (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DaveSNJ
Sorry to se you leaving the Audi family, but congrats on the BMW,
Thanks! I'll be back, and I still have the 2022 Q7 so I'm not gone 😊
DaveSNJ (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

I saw your thread over at Bimmerpost. I have been close to pulling the trigger on a G80 Mdrive order, but haven't made the plunge yet. Coincidentally, I would order the same color combination that you chose.

The S58 is an absolute beast and does not seem to have the reliability concerns of past M engines. It's a shame that Audi has clearly deprioritized ICE development.
Burrcold (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,068 Likes on 742 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. I have a feeling that you won't be back. Just a hunch .

Last edited by superswiss; 01-23-2024 at 08:31 AM.
Burrcold (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JD15
I saw your thread over at Bimmerpost. I have been close to pulling the trigger on a G80 Mdrive order, but haven't made the plunge yet. Coincidentally, I would order the same color combination that you chose.

The S58 is an absolute beast and does not seem to have the reliability concerns of past M engines. It's a shame that Audi has clearly deprioritized ICE development.
It is a beast! I had to re-test drive one back to back with the RS5 to really appreciate how bonkers it is (but I was also focusing on how docile it could be as a daily driver and it surprised me! Unlike generations past of M cars, there is very little in way of compromises when you want to drive it like a normal person). That's the trait I loved best with the RS5.

Originally Posted by superswiss
Congrats on the new ride. I have a feeling that you won't be back. Just a hunch .
Haha we'll see. I still love Audi, but their direction is making me question whether I would buy another one. Only time will tell!
Old 01-23-2024, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
I can't believe I actually did it but the timing was right. My local dealer had an allocation open up for production next month on a 2024 BMW M3 Competition xDrive. They offered me a pretty insane trade in on the RS5 which is really what made me make a final decision. Test drove a used one again just to be sure before I pulled the trigger.

It's hard to say goodbye to the RS5 because it's so good looking! Despite the pig nose, the G80 M3 looks and aggressive bulges are really appealing to me in person (I definitely get the looks aren't for everyone).

I don't keep cars for that long, so who knows this might just buy me some time before the B10 RS5 comes out!

For those that care, I went with Skyscraper Grey Metallic exterior on Fiona Red interior (full leather this time - dash, door cards, etc.). Looks basically like the one in this picture.

Whats the spec of the M3 besides the colors? I sold the RS5 SB back in July and I’m contemplating the M3 Comp X Drive.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by iampraneel
Whats the spec of the M3 besides the colors? I sold the RS5 SB back in July and I’m contemplating the M3 Comp X Drive.
The only options I didn't go with were the carbon bucket seats (this is a daily driver and I didn't find them comfortable), the exterior carbon package (I'll probably go aftermarket for those pieces if/when I want them), and the carbon ceramic brakes (questionable whether they would get added anyways or delay the build due to the shortage off CCBs).
Old 01-23-2024, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
He needs to come back and give his impressions and a comparison between the two.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,068 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
The only options I didn't go with were the carbon bucket seats (this is a daily driver and I didn't find them comfortable), the exterior carbon package (I'll probably go aftermarket for those pieces if/when I want them), and the carbon ceramic brakes (questionable whether they would get added anyways or delay the build due to the shortage off CCBs).
The carbon bucket seats would be a must for me. Those are amazing. I love my Recaro bucket seats in my AMG even for daily driving. Actually, especially for daily driving. So well shaped to my body and I get zero fatigue as opposed to so-called comfort seats where I constantly have to use my muscles to stay in the seat.

Originally Posted by Lord XL
He needs to come back and give his impressions and a comparison between the two.
I'm sure he'll be back posting. I meant that I doubt he'll be back in an RS after experiencing an M, unless the M turns out to be too much for him.

Quick Reply: Sold the RS5 - went over to the dark/beaver tooth side