Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

What do you guys think about owning a RS5 long term, say 10 years, from a maintenance / service point of view? I currently own a 2002 A6 and I still take it to my local Audi dealer for service and have gone though a few big services with it. Would owning a RS5 be inline with my experience with my current A6 or more? I assume it will be more but how much more?

I've been eyeing the S5 Sportback as my next car but if I can get the RS5 Sportback for a bit more then why not. I'm assuming long term ownership of a S5 is going to be more similar RS5 than my current A6 but think the RS5 will still be more is my guess.

On a side note. I know the engines in both the current gen S5 and RS5 are new(er-ish) so we don't really have a lot of reliability info yet. With the whole direct injection and carbon build up thing, does anyone know if these engines have solved or at least put things in place to mitigated this issue. Will some sort of carbon buildup cleanup service be needed at some point still?

Thanks for your time and I can wait for my upgrade!
Old 03-03-2018, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris
Today I put down a deposit to order my RS5! Here's my configuration:

Navarra blue metallic
Navigation package
Dynamic package
Black optic package
B & O sound system
Fine Nappa leather package w/rock gray stitching

My sales guy told me it'll likely be up to 6 months before arrival/delivery, but I've already been waiting (on a waitlist) for 9+ months, so what's a few more. :-)

Before people ask what I paid, I realize that some other people are good negotiators, and the bulk of the rest are likely full of crap. haha Anyhow, the price is exactly what you'd see on a build sheet.

Now it's time to wait ...
Very similar to mine. I'm sick of the same old colours so I got the Navarra blue together with the premium, sport and advanced driver packages with 5 arm rims and red brake calipers. Mine was supposed to arrive late February however I'm still waiting. I can't wait for it to arrive.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
Oops! I didn't even notice that. I was more focused on the wheels. ;-) And yeah, I'm not 100% on the red, but I think it'll be a nice contrast against the blue. And if the brake dust is anything like what I'm used to with Audi, they'll be dark more often than I'd like! haha

Nearly 18 lbs (dumb, American measuring system) is quite a bit, plus I'm more partial to the 5-arm. I'm just not sure if I'm $2,500 partial. Hmm ...
Consider ceramic coating, has helped tremendously with the brake dust and makes cleaning the intricate pattern of the R8 rims much more manageable. I had them pull the rims and coat the barrels as well.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

So, here we are a few weeks into being able to order a US RS5, anyone heard from their dealer about Audi accepting the order?
Old 03-09-2018, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mhblaw
So, here we are a few weeks into being able to order a US RS5, anyone heard from their dealer about Audi accepting the order?
I just heard from my dealer today that they received a confirmation of my order from Audi. However, nothing more than that yet (ie. dates, ETAs, etc.) as the two market releases they will be getting are still at the Port of Houston. I know it's still a long wait, but progress is progress.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Audi has updated their US site to include a build for the RS5 coupe. Of course pricing is provided as well.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NHman
Audi has updated their US site to include a build for the RS5 coupe. Of course pricing is provided as well.
Finally! I guess slow progress is still progress ...
Old 03-13-2018, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I did visit with a sales person at a dealership in the MSP area. They are getting one but he didn't know when. It had the black optics option and he said all these dealer orders had that. Not my cup of tea so didn't pursue any further.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My dealer says "...your order is in the Audi order bank, but we have not received an allocation yet."
Old 03-14-2018, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mhblaw
My dealer says "...your order is in the Audi order bank, but we have not received an allocation yet."
Hmm ... I'm not sure if my dealer saying my order is "confirmed" means the same as being in the order bank. I do know that my dealer does have allocations beyond the market releases.

(wondering if I should bug the dealer with another email ...)

Quick Reply: RS5 Ordered