Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Rejected warranty claim. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m444
There is a TSB on Noise for the DRC system.

Thank you. Yes, I actually found this earlier and sent to the dealer. I hope they show to the warranty company. Appreciate you having my back!
Old 02-01-2024, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by m444
The B9 RS5 suspension is not purely mechanical, since there is a electromechanical interface which adjusts the damping level for; Comfort, Auto, Dynamic.

On the B9 RS5, the DRC dynamic suspension has adjustable damping (Mfr code 2MC) through an electromechanical interface. There is an suspension controller, 8W0-907-777, for this function.

The only MMI adjustable suspension on the B9 RS5 in the USA is a the DRC dynamic suspension.
I supposed I should have been more precise with my language. The hydraulic portion of DRC that links the dampers (to include the actuators) is purely mechanical. As I mentioned, the dampers themselves have electrical connections to allow you to change modes. I guess the whole system is technically called DRC, however, I was specially referring to hydraulic system that links the corners. Regardless of terminology, the bottomline remains the same; a leak in the hydraulic system or a component failure will not throw a code or CEL.
The following users liked this post:
Tettes (02-02-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 11:24 AM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Stupid technicians or just a Warranty company trying to keep their $$$ and deny a claim. A leak is NOT normal and does not fix itself. If a shock absorber or macpherson strut leaks you replace it or you don't. In this case, the owner wants it fixed. If they still will not fix your issue, get your money back for that bs warranty. Seems like that Finance person is giving you good lip service with no results. Next step if things do not go your way is a honest Google/Yelp review of the warranty sold by that dealer. They do not like bad reviews.
Tettes (02-02-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 595 Likes on 427 Posts

Yeah, this is just the warranty company not wanting to pay out a claim. Nothing new here unfortunately.
Tettes (02-02-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some great news: During a phone call I had with the sales manager, he admitted to me that the tech who inspected my car 'fudged' the tire measurements and was fired a while ago.

BIG MISTAKE MR. LOOSE LIPS.

I used that info against the dealership, telling them the inspection report they gave me was a sham and that they broke the law via fraudulent misrepresentation (thanks, Google!).

About 20 mins after that email, the dealership offered to pay my full $7500 repair bill: New tires, alignment, struts, air filter and wipers...all the stuff they failed to do when the car was traded in.

They were trying to get the warranty co. to cover the struts, but I told them that takes up 33% of the cap on my warranty. We argued about it for a bit until I hit them with that legal mumbo jumbo.

So! I have the car scheduled for service next week at the local Audi dealer and Porsche Bellevue is footing the big bill.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback and support.

Next steps: APR tune, curb rash repair and blacked out badges.

BTW here's the email that broke their backs:

Alex - your store breached our contract via fraudulent misrepresentation.

-You made a representation about the car.

-That representation was false. (it wasn't properly inspected as you acknowledged).

-At least one of your workers knew it was false.

-I reasonably relied on that information.

-Now my reliance on that information is costing me money.

I would like you to end my nightmare today and offer to pay the full bill at the Audi dealer.

You've already agreed to pay for everything they found but the struts and you did that because you told me the information on the inspection was "fudged," (your word, not mine) by an employee who was apparently fired.

Add the struts to the list and you won't hear from me again.

This is a simple case. Please don't make me press it further.

Last edited by Tettes; 02-02-2024 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 27 Posts
Default So Summarize Your Lessons Learned

It is great to see networking work! Great job by all!
Lessons Learned -
1. Avoid the DRC system option
2. Get a second opinion on expensive repairs
3. Make sure any extended warranty companies approve work by the shop of your choice
4. Get both the Better Business Bureau and State Attorney General involved early
5.? What else am I missing for the rest of us?

My KW experience has been excellent. While lowering the car you get more travel with a lower spring perch location.

Regarding tunes, 034Motorsports has a tune for both your ECU and TCU with many claiming the Stage 2 TCU Tune is more important for performance than the Stage 1 ECU Tune. OBDEleven for finding those Easter Eggs, diagnosing and resetting CELs, Oil Change and Maintenance Reminders. I just added the Double Heart Beat soundbite on exit to my SQ5! Should be a standard on all S and RS models. Topping off with PS 4s. What did I miss? Let's Drive!

KW HAS Setup, Stage 1 034Motorsports tune, HiFlo Airbox and Induction Tube

2024 RS5 Competition with HiFlo Airbox.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:15 PM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

NIce! Which Audi dealer did you take it too? So that Warranty coverage has a lid?