Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

My A5 SB vs his Chrysler 300 :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My A5 SB vs his Chrysler 300 :(

A nice fellow without a license decided to make a left turn in front of me as I was entering an Intersection with a green light going about 30 mph and the results are below. As soon as I enter the intersection I saw him coming towards me and I knew I was F'd. I braked and veered right but we still kissed. I can't really comprehend 1. Why he decided to enter the intersection to turn and 2. why he just kept coming. Kept my cool and a cop passed by and stopped as I was talking to 911 dispatch. Other driver was cited for reckless driving. Car is on the way from the tow lot to the Audi dealer's collision center for an appraisal. The airbag didn't deploy but he bent that wheel and axel pretty good along with trashing the bumper and side panel, curious to see the appraisal results. Plastic trim was everywhere but other than that pretty proud how the Audi looked compared to his 300, whole damn front end fell off.

In light of all that's happened lately I'm not about to act like this destroyed my life, it's just a car...even if it happens to only be 3 months old

Curious to hear all of your thoughts about the repairs? I have USAA and he has "Fiesta Auto Ins"...safe to say I elected to have USAA move forward with things and not wait.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 383 Likes on 344 Posts

That's a shame, J. Wait 'til you start to see that repair bill add up...
Old 10-03-2017, 10:45 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Dude...

I really feel for you, man. Hate that this happened to you. I haven't had to use my USAA for a crash yet, so please let me know how it goes.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,248 Likes on 770 Posts

Sorry to see that, make sure you get diminished value payment for your car from the insurance company!
Old 10-03-2017, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is like the 4th or 5th post about an SB crash on this forum. damn
Old 10-03-2017, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 599 Likes on 431 Posts

That'll buff out.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Well that sucks...best of luck getting this mess straightened out.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I feel bad for you and your new SB. But, thankful that no one got hurt and both parties have insurance coverage. That unlicensed driver of the Chrysler will have a lot of problems on his hands including dealing with his insurance company. I hope all goes well and you get a fair settlement with the insurance companies including the matter of diminished value.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

Wrecks in new cars always suck, but it is good that you are physically alright. Cars are fixable. Like said above, get a diminished value payment on top of the repair bill. It can easily be an extra $2k-5k.
On the bright side, you can at least get a black optic front end.
If only my new replacement aftermarket grille was in. Then you would have discounted OE front end S5 parts.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
Wrecks in new cars always suck, but it is good that you are physically alright. Cars are fixable. Like said above, get a diminished value payment on top of the repair bill. It can easily be an extra $2k-5k.
On the bright side, you can at least get a black optic front end.
If only my new replacement aftermarket grille was in. Then you would have discounted OE front end S5 parts.

Assuming it doesn't just buff out like mentioned above it would be nice to throw a different grille on there, I'll have to see about that once the process gets there. I'll also get the diminished value discussions going. This wreck may have just made this car a for sure turn-in at the end of the lease.

Quick Reply: My A5 SB vs his Chrysler 300 :(