Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Done with Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel compelled to join in that this whole Audi connect app and service is hot mess. I've had my car 5 months now and I still don't have the app connected to my car. The amount of complexity in the setup (UPPERCASE ONLY, DONT USE .COM SHORTCUT, user keys, separate audi connect login - the only thing missing is the stern german voiceover), the stupid delineation of tiers and the pricing is outright hostile to customers. I'm in product development - whomever came up with this should be fired.

The following users liked this post:
MRA5SB (06-29-2021)
Old 02-03-2020, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. D
$499 for 18 months of Google Earth? That isn't worth it.

Anything I might really miss if I don't subscribe?
During the free trial, I rarely used any of it's features, so I just let it expire. If I need to see what an area looks like, I'll pull over and look it up on my phone. I won't pay for any subscription on a car.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like the 2021 models have the ability to display Google maps with satellite views in wireless CarPlay mode. That is virtually the same as Google Earth. So doesn’t that sort of make the Prime subscription redundant?
Old 06-29-2021, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by anaysp
Seems like the 2021 models have the ability to display Google maps with satellite views in wireless CarPlay mode. That is virtually the same as Google Earth. So doesn’t that sort of make the Prime subscription redundant?
That's been the case for a while, if you have a unlimited data plan and fast enough phone it can be easily done. The only downside is you don't get the satellite view in the VC, you are restricted to only the MMI screen.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sim

Originally Posted by heymoe
I didn't renew after my trial ended. Audi Connect Care (free tier - status, lock/unlock and GPS location) and Android Auto + Waze covers everything I normally use. I also enable the external SIM slot and setup my car to use a Google Fi data only SIM so the car's WiFi hot-spot will go over that without having to subscribe to Audi Connect Plus.
where is the external sim slot? IS it on '21s
Old 07-02-2021, 04:18 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,384 Posts

Originally Posted by scottb8888
where is the external sim slot? IS it on '21s
No — when Audi removed the glovebox CD / DVD player they also removed the (2) card slots for SD cards and the external SIM slot. Quite an “improvement.”

— John
Old 07-02-2021, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 648 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
No — when Audi removed the glovebox CD / DVD player they also removed the (2) card slots for SD cards and the external SIM slot. Quite an “improvement.”

— John
The silly thing is that they didn't remove the giant box that all of that housed, so the glovebox is just as useless as before (I.e. doesn't even fit the owners manual). At the very least they could have removed it and opened up some useable space!
Old 07-02-2021, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
The silly thing is that they didn't remove the giant box that all of that housed, so the glovebox is just as useless as before (I.e. doesn't even fit the owners manual). At the very least they could have removed it and opened up some useable space!
I bet that's just a blanking plate on the box with all the same exact hardware present, you could most likely restore those slots with a new faceplate. Of course would then need to enable those sources in the MMI....
Old 07-02-2021, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,248 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
If using an iPhone you can put the manual on the phone under "Files-Downloads,"... and it works good, a bit small but okay!

Old 07-02-2021, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 648 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
If using an iPhone you can put the manual on the phone under "Files-Downloads,"... and it works good, a bit small but okay!

Oh I've always ONLY used the pdf manual, but it's still nice if your glovebox actually could hold the owner's manual lol lucky for that giant cubby beside the steering column.

Quick Reply: Done with Audi Connect