Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Does this mean my second key fob is in?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,178 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Well, for me, I’m fine with this process as it prevents someone from high jacking my car with a non-registered-to-my-car fob / key. 45 minutes for my peace of mind — priceless!

— John
I get where you are coming from but that's not what I am worried about...
Old 07-18-2022, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bac_s5_b9
Got my key fob today finally.
Did you get the opposite finish to your first key, so that now you both both sets (1 matte and 1 glossy)?
Old 07-19-2022, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,178 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by ONI1013
Did you get the opposite finish to your first key, so that now you both both sets (1 matte and 1 glossy)?
that is what is supposed to happen. the glossy key is the primary key for the vehicle.
Old 07-19-2022, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mhoran89
that is what is supposed to happen. the glossy key is the primary key for the vehicle.
Yes I’m aware. I already have a glossy key need a matte. Audi just sent me another glossy.
Old 07-19-2022, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeah, I finally got my second key about a month ago (7 months from when I received the car). If I wasn't persistent with nagging the dealership, I probably still wouldn't have it. They stated to me that it was "ordered" and should arrive in a few days. After 4 weeks of these promises over the telephone I decided to stop by the dealership and see what was going on. The guy at the service counter heard my story and went out back and returned with a large cardboard box full of manila envelopes. There was probably about 50 of them. In each one was someone's new key fob! He dug around for about 10 minutes and finally found mine. It had been sitting in this large box for who knows how long! If I didn't go down there - it would have stayed there and ignored by the service dept.

While my dealer was a disappointment, Audi was not. Soon after getting the 2nd key Audi mailed me a voucher for $150 for their accessories / lifestyle swag stuff on the Audi website. I thought that was a nice touch. I assume others in this situation also received this.

The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (07-19-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by snafu_
How long has it been bac s5 b9 that you've been with 1 key?
It's been 3 months for me and my local dealer says they still have no idea how much longer it'll be before my 2nd key is available.
My S5 was bought by the first owner in February. I bought it in April (they hated the round steering wheel and dynamic steering so traded it) and my dealer told me I should get a message in August about my second key.
Old 07-21-2022, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by snafu_
Yeah, I finally got my second key about a month ago (7 months from when I received the car). If I wasn't persistent with nagging the dealership, I probably still wouldn't have it. They stated to me that it was "ordered" and should arrive in a few days. After 4 weeks of these promises over the telephone I decided to stop by the dealership and see what was going on. The guy at the service counter heard my story and went out back and returned with a large cardboard box full of manila envelopes. There was probably about 50 of them. In each one was someone's new key fob! He dug around for about 10 minutes and finally found mine. It had been sitting in this large box for who knows how long! If I didn't go down there - it would have stayed there and ignored by the service dept.

While my dealer was a disappointment, Audi was not. Soon after getting the 2nd key Audi mailed me a voucher for $150 for their accessories / lifestyle swag stuff on the Audi website. I thought that was a nice touch. I assume others in this situation also received this.
Same experience, except I called a different dealer and my key was delivered within a week. About 2mo after first trying to deal with the first dealer, they called me to tell me my key was in. I did not return the call, nor pickup the key, because I had one already. I too got the $150 swag GC and I'm still trying to decide what to get with it!