Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Deer 2, RS5 0

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
So you don’t got to WinStar much? ;p. Our family ranch is north east of Denton. Believe it or not I don’t see many deer around. Now get west over around Saint Jo or Nocona and you will see a lot. Still nothing like what we see here in Colorado. Also seen deer on 289 between Frisco and the red river
No, I'm not a gambler (playing with options is my form of gambing), and the only time I've driven through Oklahoma is when I drove to and from grad school in the midwest. There are so many zombie drivers around Dallas that it's nice we at least get some relief from the deer menace.

It's good that State Farm has treated you well, as they have been uniformly terrible for me when repairing collision damage. Their adjusters generate estimates that are roughly 1/3 the cost of the true cost of repair, resulting in weeks of delays while the body shop convinces them to pay for the necessary repairs. Interestingly, they were far better for homeowner's insurance when I replaced my hail-damaged roof, even though that claim was for many times more than the minor collision claims.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

State Farm has been great! Already paid me my out of pocket tow of $300 and my shoulder got jacked up some and they are sending me to a chiropractor for that. They even went a little outside their towing limits to tow the car to Denver from Colorado Springs. I am sure another shop could have fixed the car here but Audi Denver has the car I am trying to trade for. And they seem the best repair shop around town. I want the car repaired the best it can be for someone else just not me. I cleaned the interior and wiped all the airbag dust out of the interior. I removed my all weather mats and installed the factory carpet ones but I put down cardboard to protect the drivers side. Even though the car won’t be mine I want someone else to see I tried my best to take care of it after the accident. I even used some waterless car wash to clean up the car on the outside a little. To add insult to injury a bird crapped on the car twice while it was sitting outside. I made sure I got that off. I take pride in all my stuff. My work truck is 9 years old with out a scratch or dent. It’s cleaned out every night when I get home and ran through the automatic car wash daily. My last SQ5 was pristine without even swirl marks. It just makes me sick to see the car like this. I know that feeling will never go away as long as I own this car.
That's the cleanest car that I've ever seen being flatbedded to a body shop....even the wheels & tires look clean and dressed....unfortunately, most of that effort won't be seen by the new owner after the car spends several weeks in the body/mechanical shop at the dealer. You just made it easier on the wash boys at the dealership before they stick it on the lot....which I'm sure is appreciated.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:40 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,383 Posts

But — I’m guessing that they will not “treat” any of the refinished / replaced painted parts with the PPF or Ceramic coat. The poor guy who buys that car will wonder why everything else looks great, while the door skin and fender, not so much.

— John
Old 05-01-2019, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,174 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
But — I’m guessing that they will not “treat” any of the refinished / replaced painted parts with the PPF or Ceramic coat. The poor guy who buys that car will wonder why everything else looks great, while the door skin and fender, not so much.

— John
they won't because it's not in their best interest.
but if you file an insurance claim and provide receipts, they will.
i have had two different insurance companies pay for opti-coat pro + on vehicles that had panels repainted...
Old 05-01-2019, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

— John
You never know. On one of my previous cars I had to go through insurance for some damage and the shop redid the front bumper PPF without me even asking them to do so. I don't even think the actual damage was to the front bumper area, the PPF was damaged in one part due to my mom scraping it against something. Certainly a pleasant surprise for me!
Old 05-01-2019, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
You never know. On one of my previous cars I had to go through insurance for some damage and the shop redid the front bumper PPF without me even asking them to do so. I don't even think the actual damage was to the front bumper area, the PPF was damaged in one part due to my mom scraping it against something. Certainly a pleasant surprise for me!
they are all the Receipts for the clear bra and ceramic coating they said that they would cut a check to the shop to get it done
Old 05-01-2019, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If it does not get totaled be sure to add a diminished value claim to your claim. Not sure how this works or if it’s state specific but it gives you dollars today to make up for the car fax lowering your sales price. Maybe a ny thing. My friend did it his S5 that was hit while parked.

never heard of it before.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jsf721
If it does not get totaled be sure to add a diminished value claim to your claim. Not sure how this works or if it’s state specific but it gives you dollars today to make up for the car fax lowering your sales price. Maybe a ny thing. My friend did it his S5 that was hit while parked.

never heard of it before.
Thank you. I have looked into it. I was told since it was a deer and not another car I can’t file the claim. But I am going to reach out to my lawyer next week and see what he says
Old 05-02-2019, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good news from AOA. They called this morning and told me they are willing to transfer my Audi care and the remaining 8 months of Audi connect to the new car. They have opened a file and documented all this info. They didn’t have to do this. But I do appreciate them stepping up and helping me out. I do believe auidcare was $1179 and the remaining connect is somewhere around $250. Everyone I have spoken to has been great and wiling to help in anyway they can.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 648 Likes on 421 Posts

Good news from AOA. They called this morning and told me they are willing to transfer my Audi care and the remaining 8 months of Audi connect to the new car. They have opened a file and documented all this info. They didn’t have to do this. But I do appreciate them stepping up and helping me out. I do believe auidcare was $1179 and the remaining connect is somewhere around $250. Everyone I have spoken to has been great and wiling to help in anyway they can.
Glad to hear everything is working out. And I should HOPE that they have been great and willing to work with you since you have given them $170K+ in business!