Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
Does it happen often? If it is just the left sensor then it leads me to think that the sensors you got should work but that one may be defective?
Just returned from a quick drive. The problem does appear a second today but disappeared after I switched to the R gear.
I'd agree with you that this is a sensor's problem. The sensor might be defective.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amademann
NICE!! I actually want the silver edge for my mythos black coupe. I like the trim, I can do without the quattro though.
How long did the installation take? Can the S5 badge be added to the grill?
The 'quattro' insignia can be removed. Its made of individual letters secured with double stick tape. S5 badge does not have any clips made for the mesh grill but its simple to attach with some creativity.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
Same grill different car:

Random B9 A5/S5/RS5 Mod Photo Thread

I (personally) am not a fan of the matte black look on the otherwise stunning Dayton Gray S5.
Thanks for posting that, it's always great to see the different color combinations with the RS style grill.

I (personally) love that mix with the black and grey on his car. But that's the cool thing about our cars, one mans "amazing" is another mans "meh." It's still fun to see all the mods people are doing, gets my mod juices flowing......
Old 12-05-2017, 03:48 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Stratman22
Thanks for posting that, it's always great to see the different color combinations with the RS style grill.

I (personally) love that mix with the black and grey on his car. But that's the cool thing about our cars, one mans "amazing" is another mans "meh." It's still fun to see all the mods people are doing, gets my mod juices flowing......

True dat, for sure.

I like to call it the Rum Raisin Ice Cream Effect; some people like it and others have no idea why. But it sells.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

I am happy to see that a few members were able to make the grille work with new sensors, modified sensors, etc.
I have noticed that a new disclaimer has gone online by one the sellers named AsianBodyKits. I attached it below.
I have received a full refund through a PayPal case I put on the seller I got mine from, named CarParts4Distributor.
I think the person that runs that eBay store has mental issues. I have got no less than 50 messages from him/her that are literally all over the board.
He/she has called me things like a scammer, bit**, China hater, professional actor, etc. It is the most interesting experience I have ever had with someone online.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:53 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
I am happy to see that a few members were able to make the grille work with new sensors, modified sensors, etc.
I have noticed that a new disclaimer has gone online by one the sellers named AsianBodyKits. I attached it below.
I have received a full refund through a PayPal case I put on the seller I got mine from, named CarParts4Distributor.
I think the person that runs that eBay store has mental issues. I have got no less than 50 messages from him/her that are literally all over the board.
He/she has called me things like a scammer, bit**, China hater, professional actor, etc. It is the most interesting experience I have ever had with someone online.

Like a soap opera... sheesh!
Old 12-06-2017, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
True dat, for sure.

I like to call it the Rum Raisin Ice Cream Effect; some people like it and others have no idea why. But it sells.
HA! I love that, the "Rum Raisin Ice Cream Effect!" So true, i'll be stealing that for the future use.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
Post us some excerpts so we can see who we would be dealing with
Old 12-06-2017, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

You will not have to tell me twice Stevie!

Excerpt 1: The disclaimer by AsianBodyKits. I highly doubt the camera can simply be glued to the new grille. A custom bracket will have to be fabricated.

Excerpt 2: Seller CarParts4Distributor cussing at me after I won my eBay case against him/her. It is full blown harassment at this time as I've received at least 15 messages with constant cussing in Chinese and English.🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Excerpt 1:

Excerpt 2:

Last edited by BreedsAs; 12-06-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow won’t be buying from them regardless if they fix the bungs.

thanks for sharing

Quick Reply: B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay