Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9.5 Canadian Auto Performance Grille and ACC

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B9.5 Canadian Auto Performance Grille and ACC

I picked up a CPO 2023 Daytona Gray S5 a couple of months ago. I had been in the market for quite a while and this one was too good a deal to pass up. Unfortunately, it didn't have the black optics I am partial to. I'm working on figuring out the best way for a "chrome delete" with wrapping but the chrome accents in the grille are always going to stand out if I just have the edges wrapped. I came across the CAP RS5 style grille which looks amazing but have read a variety of the grilles from others either have issues with adaptive cruise control or with the front facing camera, both of which I have. I can find a fair amount on the B9 grilles but I haven't seen anyone on here with the B9.5, nor can I find any information regarding their camera mount, install, etc. Between blacking out the chrome and a VPS resonator delete I'm hoping it boosts my enjoyment just a bit on my awesome daily driver. Does anyone have any experience with this grille?
The following users liked this post:
Mslc (04-18-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Grille

just came from an A5 Daytona w/black optics and when I found my S4, it had the chrome. I was thinking the same as you for wanting to swap the chrome for black, but the silver has grown on me and now I love it.
Hated the grille though, and it had to go. There were so many aftermarket ones to choose from, and I ended up getting a “factory” black optic grille from eBay for a couple hundred bucks.
Works perfectly and everything lined up with no worry about my sensors or camera.
take a look and let me know what you think

Originally Posted by DFlinn
I picked up a CPO 2023 Daytona Gray S5 a couple of months ago. I had been in the market for quite a while and this one was too good a deal to pass up. Unfortunately, it didn't have the black optics I am partial to. I'm working on figuring out the best way for a "chrome delete" with wrapping but the chrome accents in the grille are always going to stand out if I just have the edges wrapped. I came across the CAP RS5 style grille which looks amazing but have read a variety of the grilles from others either have issues with adaptive cruise control or with the front facing camera, both of which I have. I can find a fair amount on the B9 grilles but I haven't seen anyone on here with the B9.5, nor can I find any information regarding their camera mount, install, etc. Between blacking out the chrome and a VPS resonator delete I'm hoping it boosts my enjoyment just a bit on my awesome daily driver. Does anyone have any experience with this grille?