Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

VERY Low mileage USED 2015 RS5's for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VERY Low mileage USED 2015 RS5's for sale

I'm noticing a few VERY Low mileage USED 2015 RS5's for sale locally. Some with as little as 700 miles on the clock. Most similarly equipped, White/Black optics and choice of 5 spokes. Interestingly there's none with the flower pedal wheel. What's the deal? Are the corporate exec's getting out of their demo's or are a few having buyers remorse? Your thoughts....
Old 06-08-2015, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Maybe dealership manager's cars?
Old 06-10-2015, 03:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Shouldn't the VIN histories be instructive as to ownership/lease/repairs?
Old 06-10-2015, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default It's only relative if the $ is low as well.

Originally Posted by mrdtail
I'm noticing a few VERY Low mileage USED 2015 RS5's for sale locally. Some with as little as 700 miles on the clock. Most similarly equipped, White/Black optics and choice of 5 spokes. Interestingly there's none with the flower pedal wheel. What's the deal? Are the corporate exec's getting out of their demo's or are a few having buyers remorse? Your thoughts....
Otherwise it's meaningless.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
I don't see why the statement is meaningless without knowing the price. The question is being raised as to whether people are buying these cars and quickly getting buyer's remorse and trading them back in. The price has nothing to do with that. Someone could trade their RS5 back into Audi for peanuts and the dealership would still charge a high price due to scarcity. The asking price is what is meaningless, based on the thread.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
It is not meaningless. In fact I've seen 2015's for sale with as little as 1000 miles for 10,000 off MSRP. I was just wondering why these vehicles were showing up at wholesale dealers and auctions now. As an EXTREMELY happy owner of a 2015 RS5 I don't understand why these basically new cars are on the market for sale.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

My 2 cents is that RS5's are like many costly semi-exotic cars (and other "toys"): many times the folks who have the idle cash to buy them "at will" or on a whim have no idea what they are buying or what use they will really make of them. Some guy buys it because it looks cool, then his family refuses to ride in it because it is cramped, noisy and it tosses them around if he tries to drive in a sporty manner could be one case.
A few years back I was looking for a sailboat and a friend of mine put me on to a boat on Long Island (a Catalina 30) that some rich guy had bought, thinking somehow the thing sails itself. He took it out three times, went back to the dealer he bought it from new, complained that it was useless and traded it for a power boat. I bought it less than a year old for almost 35% under the list price. It had never had the mainsail hoisted, the jib unfurled, etc. The diesel engine had 7 hours on the meter. Nothing wrong with the boat, just some rich fool who didn’t really have to consider that blowing a ton of money on a "pig in the poke" would be the disaster it would be for someone like me.
Go to a hockey or other game and see the many empty season holder boxes – same idea.

Last edited by irenesbob; 06-11-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mrdtail
I'm in the market for a used RS5 . . . please put up some links!
Old 06-18-2015, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by irenesbob
My 2 cents is that RS5's are like many costly semi-exotic cars (and other "toys"): many times the folks who have the idle cash to buy them "at will" or on a whim have no idea what they are buying or what use they will really make of them. Some guy buys it because it looks cool, then his family refuses to ride in it because it is cramped, noisy and it tosses them around if he tries to drive in a sporty manner could be one case.
A few years back I was looking for a sailboat and a friend of mine put me on to a boat on Long Island (a Catalina 30) that some rich guy had bought, thinking somehow the thing sails itself. He took it out three times, went back to the dealer he bought it from new, complained that it was useless and traded it for a power boat. I bought it less than a year old for almost 35% under the list price. It had never had the mainsail hoisted, the jib unfurled, etc. The diesel engine had 7 hours on the meter. Nothing wrong with the boat, just some rich fool who didn’t really have to consider that blowing a ton of money on a "pig in the poke" would be the disaster it would be for someone like me.
Go to a hockey or other game and see the many empty season holder boxes – same idea.
Great assessment. Too much money and too few brains.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

This car started at Audi Melbourne at beginning of the year, originally marked at $80K. They didn't sell it so it went to auction, where Audi of Charlotte picked it up. I had discussions with both but wanted OEM wheels put back on so they could CPO. Melbourne would do it but price was still too high, while Charlotte wanted to sell as-is. Last discussion I had with them they offered it at $66.5K and said they had a wholesaler ready to buy at that price, and it looks like this is where it landed:

2014 Audi RS 5 4.2 at Paramount Auto in Hickory, NC

Note mileage in listing appears wrong. I think it is closer to 6k miles, but still very low.

Last edited by RickFLS4; 06-19-2015 at 04:49 AM.

Quick Reply: VERY Low mileage USED 2015 RS5's for sale