Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Some questions....

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions....

I absolutely love the new S5, but needed a car sooner, and need it for an everyday work car. So I custom ordered an '08 S4 in Northern Blue, loaded. Got the car for $750 over invoice, plus the dealer gave me a great trade in on my POS Jetta. Honestly, the 4 door car is more practical for me, but damn, the S5 is gorgeous. I'm resisting switching my order. How much more would a fully loaded S5 run v. the S4 I ordered (with the custom color, the car listed at $55-56K). I also like that the S4 is smaller - the S5 is 2 inches longer. If I did switch, what's a realistic timeframe to get a new, custom ordered S5 from the factory to the east coast assuming the car's release is in November? January - probably? Also, I'm assuming the S5 will be minimally discounted since it will be in demand and new - everyone agree? So, I'm assuming I'd wind up paying around $58K+ for the S5 - in the ballpark? What are the new colors for the S5? If Northern Blue is one of them, I'm going to kill myself One more question - is Audi going to continue to make the S4 - I'm assuming the S5 is a new model and that the S4 will continue on.

Phil
Old 08-26-2007, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Some questions....

Sounds like you are getting a great deal. It's about the best time possible for buying an S4. Something to consider with the current B7 body style is that it's changing and the new model will be shown this Tuesday. Once it's introduced in Frankfurt, it will be going on sale in Germany and we'll most likely see the B8 here Spring of next year. If they give us the diesel option, it's going to be a killer, especially with the S-Line. For now, the B7 will continue on, at least in the U.S.

For the S5, you should be able to get it for around the price you mentioned (MSRP). If you order today, delivery should be around Dec-Jan most likely, unless you can talk to your dealer about getting one of the first allocations that they may have already configured from their initial allocation.

Northern blue wasn't an option but if you don't like the standards you can always do the custom paint option again.(check out AudiUSA to see the two available blues. One is Sprint and the other, Deep Blue Sea Pearl)
Old 08-26-2007, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks - your car should be gorgeous BTW!!
Old 08-26-2007, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I would have totally passed on an '08 S4; 8 year old chassis design.

I've sold my B6, and my wife REALLY wants a B7....but no way am I spending $36K on a design that old. That's just me.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not so much because of the age for me, just the general bleh of the B7 body.

S4 looks a little less bleh, but I can't imagine buying one and then having to pull up beside S5's when they start hitting the streets or the new A4/S4 when it comes out for that matter.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would have thought you could get a B7 under invoice by now.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default you bring up a good point. Is likely that the S4 will have some excellent incentives as the

end of the year draws closer. For example, a few years ago, the B6 has lease deals of $499mo. prior to the B7 arriving.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: you bring up a good point. Is likely that the S4 will have some excellent incentives as the

Great deals on leftover '07's, but the '08's are a different story. My deal of $750 over invoice plus $4K on my '99 Jetta POS as a trade-in isn't bad. The S4 is loaded and custom color - northern blue, which is gorgeous on that car. No question that the S5 is a more stylish, better car, but I really can't wait til December to get it, and a sedan is more practical for work. Plus, I have my C4S which is my fun coupe - that '04 only has 2300 miles on the odo!! My Atlas Gray on that car looks very similar to the Meteor on the S5!

Phil
Old 08-28-2007, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Phil, drive that C4S for cryin' out loud, Pcars are meant to be driven, not garage queens!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, yeah I know - the guys on the Rennlist boards are relentless..

in making fun of me for driving it so little. But I did buy the car last year with 1100 miles so I have driven it, but not much as you can see. It's a wonderful car, with a great color combo. From the look of Meteor gray on the new S5, my Atlas looks very similar. My new '08 S4 should be a great car, especially in Northern Blue - you can see my B6 S4 in that color on my pic poster - I wanted to replicate it since I think it's the prettiest color Audi makes. FWIW, I do plan to take the Porsche out today for a spin!

Quick Reply: Some questions....