Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

S5 Seat geometry questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S5 Seat geometry questions

Hello from South Florida,

After an almost 6 year hiatus from owning an Audi, looking to get back in one, a 2013 S5. Wife and I both love the car, but we have one issue: The seats and my wife's petite 5'3" stature. The front of the seat presses into the back of her leg, making for an uncomfortable ride. We have not done alot of fiddling with various seat positions, but plan to do so at the local dealership this week. If we can't find a solution, we may have to give up on the S5, which we would really hate.

Question: Does anyone have the dimension or will measure the dimension from the seat back to the front of the seat cushion?

Also has anyone else had this issue and what have you done to resolve it? My wife has told me that trading her in for a taller woman is not an option!!

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Prior Audis: 2001.5 B5 S4
2004 A6 SLine
Old 04-08-2013, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife is 5'4" and has zero issues with the seats. Actually has praised them as being "perfect". She is petite. You can adjust the front of the seat bottom so that it does not put pressure on the back of your legs. Also, there is an extending feature which is manually actuated. Be sure that is retracted into the seat also.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. I'm pretty sure we had the thigh support pushed all the way back, but then again, we haven't just sat in the car and had her adjust the seat to find the ideal position.

I browsed another forum, A5OC, and seems that my wife isn't the only person with this complaint. But some of those complaining said that after about 5K miles the front of the seat softened up.

Originally Posted by DoubleA4
My wife is 5'4" and has zero issues with the seats. Actually has praised them as being "perfect". She is petite. You can adjust the front of the seat bottom so that it does not put pressure on the back of your legs. Also, there is an extending feature which is manually actuated. Be sure that is retracted into the seat also.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read one other complaint from a guy who had hip issues but that is it. The seats are firm but kinda goes with the territory given the cars sporting pretense. Anyway, since you are looking new I wonder what a dealer would say to a request to swap out the seats with ones from a regular A5 or the like?

Before going there I would definitely spend a few minutes adjusting the seat to see if you can get it to where you (and your wife) prefer. The steering column is telescoping as well, just so you know.

I know from my wife's settings that she has the seat bottom raised a fair way up.