Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

RS5/Chicago Audi Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS5/Chicago Audi Owners

Guys,

I bought my RS5 from a dealer in downtown Chicago. at the time of purchase i did buy the wheel and tire care (premium), which i read covers wheel damage from road use. I have some scratches from the potholes/curbs and took my car in to the dealer to have it fixed. The dealer told me that the damage isn't covered unless the wheel is causing the tire to leak. This sounds like a load of crap because when they sold me the car they explained it covers all road damage. I've had a bad experience with this dealer and getting really annoyed.

For reference, I have the wheel car from Zurich Insurance and paid $1500 for the policy (which is marked premium).

Have any of you used the coverage? and what was the cause.

Let me know your thoughts.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried another dealership? I bought my car in Austin and have had nothing but fantastic service at the Audi Exchange up in Highland Park. I live in the City, but work up North and would happily make the trip up there to have my car serviced there every time. Maybe you call them and see what they say as opposed to Fletcher (I assume).

I didn't get the wheel/tire protection when i bought my car but recall reviewing it and have the same assumptions you have, that the coverage was for wheel AND/OR tire damage.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DoubleA4
Have you tried another dealership? I bought my car in Austin and have had nothing but fantastic service at the Audi Exchange up in Highland Park. I live in the City, but work up North and would happily make the trip up there to have my car serviced there every time. Maybe you call them and see what they say as opposed to Fletcher (I assume).

I didn't get the wheel/tire protection when i bought my car but recall reviewing it and have the same assumptions you have, that the coverage was for wheel AND/OR tire damage.
Thanks, I didn't know you were allowed to jump to another dealer. I may try that. I think i'm going to file a complaint with Audi of North America.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vboy19
Thanks, I didn't know you were allowed to jump to another dealer. I may try that. I think i'm going to file a complaint with Audi of North America.
You definitely can go to any Audi dealer. I've owned several Audis now and after having issues with my first dealer (the same one you're referring to) I wrote a letter to AoA, who basically did nothing. I've contacted AoA for a few issues and to be honest while they are polite, there really isn't much they can do in my experience for most dealer related issues which I think is really a let down.

I go to McGrath because they're closest to me but have also been to the Exchange and both of these dealers are miles ahead of your dealer in terms of quality and service -- I know first hand. I would give one of them a call and see what they say.

Last edited by Egan917; 03-05-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had wheel & tire insurance policies for both Audi and BMW and in my experience they have never covered curb rash or cosmetic issues, sorry. Think about it - probably 90% of wheels have some sort of curb rash within a year or two of leaving the dealership, almost all of which is from driver error, not some unforeseen hazard that couldn't have been avoided. It's so common they would have to charge well in excess of $1500 to cover that sort of damage. But the only way to know for sure is to read your policy documentation - what does it say is covered?

Last edited by ChipB; 03-05-2014 at 08:24 AM.