Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing

Does anyone have any input on what a good price would be for an A5 coupe? Looking to order one with the Premium Plus, Nav, B&O & Titanium package. Is $500 over invoice good or can I do better? I'm in the Baltimore/Philadelphia area?
Old 10-23-2010, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

$500 over invoice would be great, $1000 more likely. Audi dealers don't get a holdback from the factory so you are right on top of their cost.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lild1019
Does anyone have any input on what a good price would be for an A5 coupe? Looking to order one with the Premium Plus, Nav, B&O & Titanium package. Is $500 over invoice good or can I do better? I'm in the Baltimore/Philadelphia area?
NADA car builder will give you a side by side invoice vs MSRP listing so you can figure out what their "starting" invoice is. I say this because Audi invoice and dealer invoice are different, for example Phoenix area dealers added about 5-600 in additional costs (like advertising) and called it invoice. I didn't buy from them. In Annapolis you could go to Criswell they took pretty good care of me with my A6 trade-in on my old A5. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kdstrunk
NADA car builder will give you a side by side invoice vs MSRP listing so you can figure out what their "starting" invoice is. I say this because Audi invoice and dealer invoice are different, for example Phoenix area dealers added about 5-600 in additional costs (like advertising) and called it invoice. I didn't buy from them. In Annapolis you could go to Criswell they took pretty good care of me with my A6 trade-in on my old A5. Good luck.
I used the American Express pricing site similar to truecar.com. I am just south of Baltimore and ordered an S5 cab at $1,000 over invoice. I don't know what the A5 price would be but the site is very easy to use.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Future Audi owner?
I used the American Express pricing site similar to truecar.com. I am just south of Baltimore and ordered an S5 cab at $1,000 over invoice. I don't know what the A5 price would be but the site is very easy to use.
How was your experience with that? Were you able to get the special financing rate going that route? A friend of mine said that if you use the american express site that all other special offers were void and there is a fee that the dealer passes on.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just bought a 2011 Monza Silver A5 prestige with S-line, adaptive cruise, side asst, power shade, and floor mats. I made them take almost $1800 of the price; I will never pay MSRP for anything. I used USAA pricing guide but, use Edmunds is not that far off. There are no A5s in Texas and I still had them take a nice chunk off the price. Also I was in the same boat I want the Premium Plus, Nav, B&O and realized the was only a small difference in price to just get the prestige and get more car. With you wanting to order a car you have told power over the dealership, if they won’t back down on the price call another one. I had dealers willing to deliver my car to my house 200 miles away to get my business.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by CHARLESANDSTEPH
I just bought a 2011 Monza Silver A5 prestige with S-line, adaptive cruise, side asst, power shade, and floor mats. I made them take almost $1800 of the price; I will never pay MSRP for anything. I used USAA pricing guide but, use Edmunds is not that far off. There are no A5s in Texas and I still had them take a nice chunk off the price. Also I was in the same boat I want the Premium Plus, Nav, B&O and realized the was only a small difference in price to just get the prestige and get more car. With you wanting to order a car you have told power over the dealership, if they won’t back down on the price call another one. I had dealers willing to deliver my car to my house 200 miles away to get my business.
$1800 off of MSRP is pretty normal. The S Line is not a very desirable model so if a dealer has one he probably wants to get rid of it.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lild1019
How was your experience with that? Were you able to get the special financing rate going that route? A friend of mine said that if you use the american express site that all other special offers were void and there is a fee that the dealer passes on.
I had a great experience. The dealership we ended up buying from initially offered $2500 over invoice but they agreed to match $1000 over invoice because they are only 8 miles from us and they realize they will get our business over the long haul for service. We're not financing so I don't know about that. There was a $99 dealer processing fee (the max Amex allows them to charge is $100).
Old 10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kdstrunk
How long you had your 2.0T A5 and why did you pick the S5 and not the 3.2? I would love to see pics of your phamton black s5 on black... 6MT??
Old 10-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks like I am able to get $500 over invoice. They did add $99 processing fee, $275 dealer prep & $195 port fee. Does that sound correct or reasonable?

Quick Reply: Pricing