Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Potential First Time Audi A5 Leaser ... A Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential First Time Audi A5 Leaser ... A Few Questions

I've searched around the web, and this seemed to be the most useful Audi forum so hopefully everyone can help me out on a few questions. I haven't shopped for a car in 10 years, and that one was handled mainly by my parents. I plan on going to a dealership in the coming month, but I figured I could get a few preliminary questions out of the way here before I go.

~I'm looking to lease a 2011 A5 Premium Plus Automatic Transmission Titanium Package with the B&O system in Brilliant Black.
~I will be selling my current car privately.
~I live in Philadelphia.
~I'm 28 years old.

My questions:
~I do not want to get the car until the spring, but I've seen there seems to be a considerable wait time for the A5, which is why I am beginning my search now. Is that a safe assumption?
~Assuming I may be ordering a car now that I may not be receiving for a few months, does Audi make you put a deposit down? If yes, typically how much do they make you put down?
~Does Audi have a "typical" lease duration, or is it really my choice? I would be thinking 36 months unless Audi has different programs.
~I put very few miles on my car (I walk to work), so what is the minimum yearly mileage lease option? I'm assuming the less mileage, the cheaper the lease.
~I realize that this will vary from person to person, but how is financing through the Audi lease department? Do they offer reasonable rates/prices? I have very good to excellent credit.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!
Old 01-02-2011, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Audi leasing deals are among the worst of any foreign car manufacturers. The rates are high and the residuals are low. Since they don't discount the car much you won't get help there.

The rest of your questions you already know the answers, so not sure why you are asking them
Old 01-02-2011, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There ARE significant discounts available in the Philly area ... look around, check sites like truecar and definitely contact Monica at Winner (internet sales).
Old 01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KT88
There ARE significant discounts available in the Philly area ... look around, check sites like truecar and definitely contact Monica at Winner (internet sales).
I had a really bad experience with Winner. They gave me a price in writing. And then when I went to order the car, the sales manager told me that the price was wrong and why would they give me that price since they had people lining up for the car. They actually added $500 to the price and told me to take it or leave it. I really didn't care about the price but it was the fact they were so rude and not customer friendly. They lost a sale over $500. I ended up ordering from a MD dealer for the original price that Winner gave me.

I don't know much about leasing since I'm buying. However, I got about $2500 off sticker. It should arrive next month. Try Morty at YBH Audi in Edgemont. They were very friendly and upfront. If you were willing to go to MD, call Renzi at Valley Motors. He's great. I found that there was more dealer competition in MD and got a good price.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the replies.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, not good! Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

lurker here, but just actually went through the same calculus myself

i too will be putting very few miles on my a5 and was trying to decide between buying and leasing. if you take a look at residuals on a5s (which is definitely not an indication of the future, given a potential redesign in the next few years), you can see 2008 models with low mileage that are going close to ~70%+ of current msrp.

for me, it made sense to buy, then decide in the future if i want to sell in a few years, rather than pay for the depreciation that i was definitely not going to use. if i am only going to put 5k a year on a car, why pay for the 10k depreciation and 56% residual...
Old 01-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You know, that's an excellent point and something I really hadn't even considered. At most I would be putting 5k miles a year on my car. I can get a 4-5 year loan from PNC Bank at 3.5%. That would give me some great options of what I wanted to do with the car after a few years.