Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Post Withdrawn

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post Withdrawn

Post is withdrawn. Issue is being dealt with directly.

Will post the outcome for those who have been following the thread.

Thank you for your support
Old 12-25-2008, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bummer...can't go wrong with Supersprint.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That sucks.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:38 AM

Default Good to know - We won't buy from them

Sorry to hear about your troubles, and posting your experiences with them is important.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I had a somewhat similar situation...

I had a 2005 1/2 S4 & all I wanted to do was get into some coil overs. We set up an appointment on a Friday which Fabryce said it would only take about 3hrs to complete, which I know is pretty typical for a shop & I was super excited to have them on for the weekend.

At around 4:30pm I had to call (notice I had to call & his shop didn't call me) to find out what was going on & he stated they didn't realize they had the wrong part until they started installing the springs??? They had the front coil overs on & was trying to force the rear ones & THEN noticed they were the wrong set.

Installing coil overs or lowered springs is typically Modding "101" for an established shop with experienced installers so how could you not notice the wrong set just right out of the box?? And then wait until you get the fronts on & then figure out that forcing the rears didn't work and, "Ooops" they're for the wrong year S4??? He kept the car over the weekend & when I finally came to pick it up after canceling the project I noticed I had to wait for him at his shop because he drove the car home???

I was very disappointed because at the time they were the most convenient Audi mod shop in OC. After that experience I'll never go back.

I think both cases are an example of seeing the $$$$ before making sure the job was done right. And after almost 2yrs it appears things haven't changed.

I'm sure the shop has countless number of jobs they've done 100% perfect with completely satisfied customers but I'm not one of them.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor

Default And now the vendors response........ The other half of the truth...

Fellow Audizine members,

My apologies for responding to this post so late.

I wanted to point out a few facts that might have been left out during this entire transaction as Adam recalls in his post above.

First off, let me apologize to the purchaser for the issue he is having with one of the exhaust system tips being welded incorrectly. We try and maintain a strict QC policy with our manufacturer and its unfortunate that this system slipped through and has an issue. We have sold dozens of these systems and this is the only one that has had an issue thus far.

Moving forward it is important to point a few relevent facts that were omitted by Adam in his post.

1. This system was not directly purchased by Adam.

2. I have dealt directly with the purchasing dealer with this matter and informed them we would do what we needed to in order to get the problem resolved.

3. I spoke to Adam myself and offered a few simple efficient solutions.

One of these solutions was to find a local muffler shop that could adjust the muffler and if it requiried cutting off the tip and re-welding it we would be solved in a matter of an hour. We would of course cover any expense associated with this.
Adam informed that there were NO custom muffler shops in his area of Florida and no one could do this work as no one he knew was capable of doing so.

While there is an issue with the tip itself it is the only issue and the exhaust infact functions properly and this is the only issue. Everything else works and fits to specifications.

We proceeded to work with the purchasing dealer who is located in NY and sent out another system to Adam since there was no one who could fix his issue locally.

Per his pictures a black tip system was sent out by mistake. Sorry about that!. We screwed up....

I finally spoke to the dealer who purchased the system from us on Friday after seeing this post and informed her that we would be sending out a another system on Monday as we were closed on Friday due to the holiday weekend.

So with that being said. A replacement system is going out on Monday to replace the system that the tip is mis-aligned on.

While I completely understand your frustration with the system all you had to do is call the shop and we could have resolved this over the phone like adults.
You state that you recieved the system on Xmas Eve and I see you posted this right after, with out calling to see what we could do for you???

You simply should have called us and informed myself or James of what was going on. We would have gladly taken care of the problem. As we are doing now.

In closing, I want to thank those of you who has stood by and supported us throughout the years. We strive to bring you proven quality products that improve the performance of your cars with out sacrificing reliability.

While we are certainly not perfect we try and do the best we can. No one company is without fault and no one company is perfect. Its a simple matter of communication, if you ever have an issue with a product or service at GMG all you have to do is call. We will do what ever we can to help you resolve your problem in a timely and efficient manner. We are constantly striving to improve our customer support and welcome any comments that could help us better serve you.

Keep in mind for every 100 satisfied customers that never post it takes 1 customer who is unhappy to post a thread like this and create a bunch of drama. There is not one adverstiser on this forum who has not experianced this in some manner. It happens and its the cost of doing business.

I wish you all the very best in 2009.

We can always be reached at:

714-432-1582

James@gmgracing.com
Fabryce@gmgracing.com
Ryne@gmgracing.com
Old 12-28-2008, 07:38 PM

Default My post is truthful...I will give you a chance to get this taken care of...

You know what, I'm all for giving you a chance to fix the issue here but I am not a liar.

Right now I have been charged for an extra system on my credit card, been promised a system will be shipped out on Monday, and also have an extra passenger painted tip sitting here in a box.

Once all these issues are resolved I will gladly make another post.

As someone who has purchased over $15,000 in mods for an S5, I want my car to look good, I hope you respect that. Remember that I wouldn't have taken these measures if the issue was dealt with in a reasonable timely manner.

I will gladly give you credit and the benefit of resolving the issue once I can see that my issues are resolved as I said above.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:49 AM

Again, the pen--ur, the typed word--is mightier than the sword!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default This is the problem

1. Who cares if it was directly or indirectly purchased by Adam, if I paid $2500 for an exhuast and it has taken since October to get my quality issue resolved, Im going to go directly the the manufacturer who should take care of me.

2. If I paid $2500 for a custom exhaust, telling me to find a local muffler shop to fix it IS ABSOLUTLEY RIDICULOUS and I would be pissed even more if GMG tells me to take time out of my day and find an exhaust shop to fix the problem that GMG caused. Now what happens if the local muffler shop messes it up even more, now your going to tell him that you have no liability because a 3rd party damaged it right?

3. You screwed up twice, first time with the tip and 2nd time with the replacement tip. "Im sorry" at this point wont cut it with me, an apology with 10% off my order refunded back to my credit card would be the right thing to do

4. You says "all you have to do is call the shop" Well its clear that he has been calling since October and it still isnt resolved, so apparently its a little harder than simply calling your shop...blaming the consumer for your mistakes is not a good idea in business.

5. If I was the customer, what I would have expected was a new exhaust shipping out the next day with a paid UPS return label to send back the damaged exhaust along with an apology and a 20% off coupon for my future purchases, that obviously didnt happen.

6. Finally you are right about one thing, all it takes is 1 unhappy customer to make a post like this and this unhappy customer has made me (the future customer) not want to do businesss with you. Maybe this will change your attitude about blaming the customer for your mistakes
Old 12-29-2008, 09:59 AM

Default Very well said. They needed to help their customer vs blame their customer

What a bunch of BS in all of his response!

Telling Adam to "go find a muffler shop" is a way of passing the buck vs taking ownership and fixing their own quality problem. Then to fail again in shipping the wrong part. Both examples are so telling of how they operate.

It was pretty ballsy to get on here and try to make it seem like their customer was the problem.

Quick Reply: Post Withdrawn