Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

New playmate for the S5

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New playmate for the S5

I traded in my 911 (plus some cash) for a 2009 GT-R. I've only had it for 2 days but my first impressions are 1.)Wow, this thing is fast 2.)I can't believe how big this car is. I've had my S5 for almost 2 years now so I will need a little more time with the GT-R for a proper comparision of the two.
Attached Images      
Old 08-07-2009, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice!

Your right about the size. I would have never guessed the GT-R is as big as the S5. From the pics it looks slightly bigger. Great looking car. Its performance is right up their with the supercars. If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great pictures. You must have paid a lot of cash on top of your trade-in to bring that home.

I love the rear side-by-side picture. It really shows just how different the looks and personalities of these cars are. The Audi is smoother, more subtle and refined. Whereas the GT-R looks like a race car. And, no doubt, the performance between the two shows it also.

How do you like the on-board computer? Is it too video-gamey? I know it offers tons of information and performance settings that few, if any, cars do.

Lastly, everything about those two cars looks excellent... except for that ugly Black and Gold "P" on each license plate. Don't you think something red would fit in much better with your brake calipers? I don't know. I may just be thinking that because I'm so used to seeing Cream and Crimson from my alma mater.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks

Your right, the GT-R is actually bigger and even though the wheels are only an inch larger, they look a lot bigger. The interior is about the same size except for the headroom in the rear seats of the GT-R (I wouldn't want to be taller than 5ft if I had to sit back there). I paid $46,750 plus my 1999 C2 911. The car is slightly used with about 1000 miles but I'm the first to title it and I made sure it was fully inspected prior to purchase (made sure it wasn't launched using the "launch control")
Old 08-07-2009, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I think I can probably fit my hand into those GT-R exhaust tips:

Old 08-07-2009, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

You definitely have a heck of a ride there. You will probably not see another on the road in your area.

Is it true that the use of launch control will void the warranty? I have read that a few times now.

How is the fit and finish of the interior? I haven't seen one in person and photos on-line don't tell me much.

You probably want to make a donation to your local police depts benevolent association and stick a decal in your window. Think of it as insurance against nuisance tickets.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You are a very lucky person. That GT-R is definitely a looker, though that S5 is no slouch. Personally, I prefer the look of a GT-R but mind you these cars are completely different. Either way, congrats on your awesome cars! May they both bring you years of driving bliss.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Member

Originally Posted by mgd99
You probably want to make a donation to your local police depts benevolent association and stick a decal in your window. Think of it as insurance against nuisance tickets.
if only this **** were true... in fact you are MORE likely to get a ticket with one of those in your window in most states as they want to make sure it doesn't look as if you are getting special privileges.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice pickup.. goes nicely with your S5..
Old 08-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

What wheels do you have on the S5? Tires?