Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

New article on the s5

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New article on the s5

http://limitedslipblog.com/2012/06/0...5-test-drive/#
Old 06-16-2012, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It's pricy for sure
Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Snowmuch
It's pricy for sure
Yeah, I don't think you can justify it at ~66K. The new coupe I got came in at ~54K. Granted I opted to forego the Nav system and sports differential, but I did get leather, B&O, and advanced key. All in all, very pleased with my order.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by leetjon00
Yeah, I don't think you can justify it at ~66K. The new coupe I got came in at ~54K. Granted I opted to forego the Nav system and sports differential, but I did get leather, B&O, and advanced key. All in all, very pleased with my order.
If you still have time to amend your order (assuming you haven't taken delivery yet?), I'd urge in the strongest terms to reconsider adding the sports differential. Unless you plan on driving the car into the ground, you're going to take a huge hit on the resale value by not having it.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default $66k, ha. Only options necessary: nav & sport diff. Keep it cheap!

I also went for metallic paint, all weather mats, and sunshade. The S5 can be had for a lot cheaper than you would think, and all those models on dealership lots for $66K are going to help maintain my car's resale value.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey guys, I would just like to thank you for reading the article, and talking about it on here! It's great to see some reaction from you all, and eventually when we get our hands on some more Audi's be sure to look for those reviews as well!

Thanks again,

Scott Villeneuve
Co-Founder, Limited Slip Blog
Old 06-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Garissimo
If you still have time to amend your order (assuming you haven't taken delivery yet?), I'd urge in the strongest terms to reconsider adding the sports differential. Unless you plan on driving the car into the ground, you're going to take a huge hit on the resale value by not having it.
Yeah in retrospect, that would likely have been the one additional option I think I should have added to my car. I definitely plan on driving this car for a good 5-7 years, but maybe not necessarily "driving it into the ground." I'm just curious, why do you claim that the sports differential is crucial for resale value? I'm not planning on really modding my car nor am I planning on driving it ultra aggressively. I bought the s5 b/c I think it's gorgeous and I wanted a car with some "kick." I think there is a market for my s5 in my area (D.C. suburbs) where there is a lot of wealth and people who are interested in the car for the same reasons I am. But again, I'm definitely interested in hearing your thoughts on this matter.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh and also, it's definitely way too late to change my order. I plan to take delivery of the car sometime late next week.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Garissimo
Unless he leased the car...then it makes no difference at all.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by leetjon00
Yeah in retrospect, that would likely have been the one additional option I think I should have added to my car. I definitely plan on driving this car for a good 5-7 years, but maybe not necessarily "driving it into the ground." I'm just curious, why do you claim that the sports differential is crucial for resale value? I'm not planning on really modding my car nor am I planning on driving it ultra aggressively. I bought the s5 b/c I think it's gorgeous and I wanted a car with some "kick." I think there is a market for my s5 in my area (D.C. suburbs) where there is a lot of wealth and people who are interested in the car for the same reasons I am. But again, I'm definitely interested in hearing your thoughts on this matter.
I'm not trying to come across as negative or insinuate you chose your options poorly for your own needs. If you're going to hang on to the car that long, it probably will make little difference at the 7 year mark.

However, there is a reason the majority of dealer ordered cars have this option. It is the one option that makes a marked difference in the handling behavior of the car near the limit. Ask any Audi sales rep. how easy it is to move an S4/S5 without that option. So yes, it does indeed make a difference in the short term as far as resale value.

Quick Reply: New article on the s5