Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Just picked up my 2011 S5..

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up my 2011 S5..

Got the call last night that it was in transit from the port.. ordered early May.. Ibis 2011 prestige, sport diff, carbon, magma interior.. and all i gotta say is WOW.. love it!... the MMI 3g with traffic is so awesome.. wow cant wait to figure out more things about the car.. .

hey whats with that little key in the glove box? what is that? didn't have anything like that in my 2008 S6.. which i saw this morning, dealer is selling it still.. was kinda a sad moment, until i saw my new beauty sitting there waiting for me.. man i love it..

now all i gotta do is get a vag com.. dealer says there system wont allow them to do the auto windows.. and the full time DRL..
Old 08-21-2010, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats, and I had the exact same question about the little key in the glove box when I got my car

It's the emergency key. There are 2 parts, the little plastic wallet key and the holder that the wallet key goes in to be able to start the car with it.

You can use the wallet key to open the doors if the smart key dies or malfunctions, then insert the wallet key with the plastic holder into the ignition slot to start the car.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by td80
Congrats, and I had the exact same question about the little key in the glove box when I got my car

It's the emergency key. There are 2 parts, the little plastic wallet key and the holder that the wallet key goes in to be able to start the car with it.

You can use the wallet key to open the doors if the smart key dies or malfunctions, then insert the wallet key with the plastic holder into the ignition slot to start the car.
Wow thats sick.. damn what will audi think of next.. i did wonder that to.. what if the fob dies.. at least now i know thanks dude..

any other little tips or tricks?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Derek@UI
Got the call last night that it was in transit from the port.. ordered early May.. Ibis 2011 prestige, sport diff, carbon, magma interior.. and all i gotta say is WOW.. love it!... the MMI 3g with traffic is so awesome.. wow cant wait to figure out more things about the car.. .

hey whats with that little key in the glove box? what is that? didn't have anything like that in my 2008 S6.. which i saw this morning, dealer is selling it still.. was kinda a sad moment, until i saw my new beauty sitting there waiting for me.. man i love it..

now all i gotta do is get a vag com.. dealer says there system wont allow them to do the auto windows.. and the full time DRL..

I also questioned about that key holder in glove compartment when my car arrived, I was told however to never leave the plastic key inside, I still don't understand it, anywhow, nice combo you have there, show us some pics when you can and enjoy the ride.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SantoDomingoS5
I also questioned about that key holder in glove compartment when my car arrived, I was told however to never leave the plastic key inside, I still don't understand it, anywhow, nice combo you have there, show us some pics when you can and enjoy the ride.
was just about to take some pics, but it started pouring.. will do tomorrow..
Old 08-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How long from arriving to the port to driving
out of the dealership?
Old 08-21-2010, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrS5
How long from arriving to the port to driving
out of the dealership?
Port Arrival on the 16th, out of dealers doors on the 21st so whats that 5-6 days roughly?

i know the boat docked on the 13th, but didn't show port arrival till the 16th.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrat on the new car! to add to your excitement, I believe you can reprogram the ECU to underpower the car whenever the valet key is used. I know someone did this to his R8 (he said it was part of the tunning program rather than VAG COM).
Old 08-22-2010, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Derek@UI
dealer says there system wont allow them to do the auto windows.. and the full time DRL..
You can get the DRL's set to stay on, many of us have had it done.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on the car! Have any pics??

As for the plastic key in the glove box. That is actually the Valet key holder. If you place your emergency key inside the key found in glove box, then give it to the valet. This will prevent them from hurting your baby, accessing the trunk, or unlocking the glove box. If you have a vallet button in the gloves box, be sure to push that as well.

enjoy the car!

Quick Reply: Just picked up my 2011 S5..