Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Ipod Playlist

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod Playlist

Searched to no avail:

What is the trick to getting an Ipod playlist to play in random order? The integration works great, but will only play in alphabetical order.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Ipod Playlist

Shake it!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Go to the Control menu, scroll to Mix.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Use forward and back buttons below the mmi wheel to go to the next song...

..as opposed to scrolling the mmi wheel. If you scroll the wheel to select a song down the list, it takes you from 'mix' mode into alphabetical
Old 01-30-2009, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Good catch Mcqueen, forgot that little detail.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Interface for Idiots - dumb it down for me

Yeah, I'm aware of those buttons, but using those when I've selected mix only gives me random songs from my entire Ipod...not from the PLAYLIST I'm in.

So, I open up the PLAYLIST using the mmi ****, I then place curser-dot at MY TOP RATED. If I depress mmi **** here, I just get list of songs alphabetically within MY TOP RATED.

Humor me and talk to me like I'm 5 years old - I'll take no offense
Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unfortunately, I've never gotten into using playlists regularly..

I either go random with my entire library or select individual artists, albums, etc.

I'm riding desk jockey today, but if I were to going to see if it was possible, I'd depress the **** on 'MY TOP RATED' and then once you see the alphabetical listing of songs, I'd press the button adjacent to the mmi **** for 'Control' and then spin to "mix". If that just gives you a mix of your entire library, then I might begin to think that the folks at Audi didn't program in a way to randomize playlists.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:49 AM

Default I see. I am not sure you can mix within a Playlist or folder; I have only...

...done it for the entire library, and I do understand your problem, as you probably have a huge library. I know I have about 4,000 songs on my iPod Classic, and doesn't include the Podcasts and such, which would also get into the random mix. Since I couldn't figure it out, I simply deleted all my Podcasts from my iPod Classic.

But again, I have two or three of those damn money makers: I keep the iPod Classic with only music in the car full time; I have a iPod Touch for carrying around with me; I keep my old, 2nd Gen Nano in my SUV, which doesn't have full compatibility for playing the iPod/mp3.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just got back from lunch, and I confirmed the mix function will work when using a playlist.

In my case I used my Purchased Playlist. Once in the play list, I selected the first song listed and then went to the Control menu. I then scrolled to the Mix function. As stated before, use the arrow buttons to move on to the next randomly selected song. Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Unfortunately, I've never gotten into using playlists regularly..

I'll try LONESTAR suggestion, but my experience is exactly as you describe Mcqueen. Might just be s.o.l. here. And yes, I've got a big library of 3500 songs - so PLAYLISTS are essential.

Quick Reply: Ipod Playlist