Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

iPhone internet radio apps working with AMI?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone internet radio apps working with AMI?

Hi,
has anyone got any of the iPhone internet apps (i.e. Pandora, iHeartRadio, etc) to work with the AMI? Thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you get the bluetooth adapter for the AMI, you can stream audio from any iPhone app wirelessly (I am using this for navigation). The iPod/iPhone cable will only work with music in the iPod app.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What bluetooth adapter are you referring to? I purchased the one Audi sells, but it only works with 2G phones. My I phone 3gs wont work with it. If you can send out a link I would appreciate it!
Old 02-13-2010, 06:09 AM
caf
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, thanks Apple, for not only using a proprietary data/power connector but not even using the same connector from generation to generation of your own device!

I have been very happy since I dropped Apple and went with the Nexus. If you haven't tried one of these yet, it simply blows the iPhone away. Much faster processor, 2.5 times the screen resolution, active noise reduction on phone calls, and a much prettier interface. Every iPhone app I used previously is also available on the Nexus, plus the superior Google turn by turn nav. With my iPhone, when I'd scroll down long web pages, I would often get a lot of "checkerboarding" as the device struggled to keep up; now the pages stream virtually instantaneously over the same wifi connection-much faster.

Anyway, the whole world (except Apple) is standardizing to USB (it's now required in Europe).
Old 02-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What about the 3.5 headphone jack MMI cable? I believe this works with 3G MMI.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JTKENT
What bluetooth adapter are you referring to? I purchased the one Audi sells, but it only works with 2G phones. My I phone 3gs wont work with it. If you can send out a link I would appreciate it!
I am refering to the Audi bluetooth adapter on this webpage. I have one and it works great with my iPhone 3GS and my Audi A5.

http://www.iamaudi.com/audi-music-in...tooth-adapter/
Old 02-13-2010, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

If anyone needs the 4F0 051 510 K iPod cable I have a brand new one (still in plastic) for sale. Price is $30 shipped continental US. I have 310 perfect eBay transactions with 0 negatives. I accept paypal and can ship tomorrow.

email me at rsnbrgr@mac.com
Old 02-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Why do voicemail, voice notes, and text alerts play and sound through the MMI via bluetooth but not pandora, slacker, and ipod apps. Slacker has an option for choosing different speaker sources but the audi MMI doesnt show in the list. my bluetooth stereo headphones and the in built speaker only show in the list. is there a way to stream from the iphone if it is jailbroken?

thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im trying to figure out why my adaptor wont work... I have the same "j" cable
I was able to pair my IPhone 3GS to the MMI device. It took security code, blue light is solid not blinking, and device shows up in bluetooth device list on phone. The problem is it wont play the music. That is to say music is running on phone, but does not populate on MMI screen. Its like blank, no device is recognized... Its sound like software is missing. I went to do that with included USB, but says no data found... perhaps something got deleted?
Lastly, my software version reads as follows on MMI when I bring it up. Software version: HNAV_US_P0110_D1 below that reads: NAV Data Base Version: 8R0060884F_NAR 5.3.4
Any Ideas?
Old 02-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rhrhodes
I am refering to the Audi bluetooth adapter on this webpage. I have one and it works great with my iPhone 3GS and my Audi A5.

http://www.iamaudi.com/audi-music-in...tooth-adapter/
Do you like integration? What can you control with MMI and what do you see on the screen? I have a 2009 Q7 and iphone 3Gs. I would love to be able to play my music without having to lift the center console, plug the device in and then remember to remove the iphone after the drive.

Quick Reply: iPhone internet radio apps working with AMI?