Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 07:15 AM
68l
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY!

Deposit in, order in, hard part will be waiting! Went with the exact build/paint as the pic. Saw her in the dealership and loved the look. My dream car should be here by August. Big thanks to everyone on this forum for patiently answering all my questions. I'm sure more will follow.
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2015, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats

My order is being built now
Old 05-10-2015, 10:21 AM
68l
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
Congrats

My order is being built now
Congrats to you as well! Don't know about you but this decision took me a long time to make. It started with a serious look at the M4, then RS5, followed by the long long debate whether to wait for the refresh. Obviously I picked the '15. This car took me 23 years to earn and could not be happier!!
Old 05-10-2015, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What a delight...

Originally Posted by 68l
Congrats to you as well! Don't know about you but this decision took me a long time to make. It started with a serious look at the M4, then RS5, followed by the long long debate whether to wait for the refresh. Obviously I picked the '15. This car took me 23 years to earn and could not be happier!!
This is an era in the evolution of sports cars that is unlikely to be repeated. I also wanted to own a high tech naturally aspirated V8, before they are consigned to history. When it arrives, the car will seem tight and if you've become accustomed to the forced-induction Audi's, you will think it a bit slow. Ah, but then it loosens up a bit, you rearrange your ideas about where in the rev-range power should be produced and change your driving habits and then - POW- you feel like you are shot from a slingshot and riding on rails. All from a 4000+ lb car. This heavyweight can dance…

Happy Motoring,

Eric
Old 05-10-2015, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 68l
Deposit in, order in, hard part will be waiting! Went with the exact build/paint as the pic. Saw her in the dealership and loved the look. My dream car should be here by August. Big thanks to everyone on this forum for patiently answering all my questions. I'm sure more will follow.
Very nice! What color?
Old 05-10-2015, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eric strauss
This is an era in the evolution of sports cars that is unlikely to be repeated. I also wanted to own a high tech naturally aspirated V8, before they are consigned to history. When it arrives, the car will seem tight and if you've become accustomed to the forced-induction Audi's, you will think it a bit slow. Ah, but then it loosens up a bit, you rearrange your ideas about where in the rev-range power should be produced and change your driving habits and then - POW- you feel like you are shot from a slingshot and riding on rails. All from a 4000+ lb car. This heavyweight can dance…

Happy Motoring,

Eric
Couldn't have said it better my self. The RS5 is the last of the naturally aspirated V8. This in my eyes is a milestone car. It marks the end of an Era in the Eve of a new one. But trust you won't regret at all.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:06 PM
68l
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bbbobbb
Very nice! What color?
Daytona gray pearl.

And thanks Eric, could not agree more. After many months of research I too choose to get the last of a dying breed, a naturally aspirated V8 beauty. Also wanted something I knew I would want for many years to come.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on the beautiful car!!!!!

Originally Posted by 68l
Old 05-10-2015, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Sexy and timeless! Great choice on car and color!
Old 05-10-2015, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

You are going to love it!

Enjoy

Quick Reply: FINALLY!