Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

few issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few issues

hey guys...

just a few questions:

- When is my first service? (KMs) I am in the U.S.
- I get a very slight vibration at 110-117 kmph... is it fixable? I dont want to make a big deal out of nothing.
- When i open my door and press a seat position (1 or 2), I have to hold the button for it to work. I thought if the door was open i just have to press it once? and If it's closed I have to hold it?
- My car is black and in all honesty... there is literally no way to wash this car. I dont know how I'm supposed to do it.. I wash it in the touchless car wash and when it dries, it has all these water marks. So I started using shammys to dry it... but those leave threads and little pieces of gunk on the car. I don't know what to do!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Get an all leather chamois to dry the car. the synthetic ones leave the gunk. All leather costs more, but drys the car without leaving anything on the finish.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tolkien
hey guys...

just a few questions:

- When is my first service? (KMs) I am in the U.S.
- I get a very slight vibration at 110-117 kmph... is it fixable? I dont want to make a big deal out of nothing.
- When i open my door and press a seat position (1 or 2), I have to hold the button for it to work. I thought if the door was open i just have to press it once? and If it's closed I have to hold it?
- My car is black and in all honesty... there is literally no way to wash this car. I dont know how I'm supposed to do it.. I wash it in the touchless car wash and when it dries, it has all these water marks. So I started using shammys to dry it... but those leave threads and little pieces of gunk on the car. I don't know what to do!
RE: washing: you can find waffle patterned microfiber drying clothes at most auto stores. Those are very gentle and don't leave threads/fibers.

(I had the same problem with my black A5)
Old 07-07-2009, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=Tolkien;23816110]hey guys...

just a few questions:

-
QUOTE]

I'd love to hear an answer on this one. I have the same problem. And it is the ONLY problem I have with the car.

If I put the seat forward to let someone out, and then I close up the car, the next time I open it, one of several things happens

1) Nothing......typical
2) Seat automatically moves back to the setting for Seat 1, without my doing anything but opening the door (happens very rarely)
3) I have to press and hold the Seat 1 button till the seat is back to its setting.
4) I stand there confused and frustrated (happens every time)

One Correction, there is a second problem. This car forces me to drive fast most of the time. Heck of a problem.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hummm....just tried my seat memory button and I only had to push it once while the door was open for it to return to the memory position. Perhaps there is an MMI setting that disables this function?

Also regarding the washing of your car - my brother owns an auto detailing company - always use a real leather chamois as Fxhomie recommended. After the chamois use a microfiber towel and a spray body gloss to remove any remaining spots or water marks left by the chamois.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

is the car running when you are pushing the button? I know it won't move with just one touch when the car is running.. if it's not running than there is an issue..on wait, thats not an issue, that typical german electrics lol
Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 PM
RSP
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=mgd99;23816215][QUOTE=Tolkien;23816110]hey guys...

just a few questions:

-
QUOTE]

I'd love to hear an answer on this one. I have the same problem. And it is the ONLY problem I have with the car.

If I put the seat forward to let someone out, and then I close up the car, the next time I open it, one of several things happens

1) Nothing......typical
2) Seat automatically moves back to the setting for Seat 1, without my doing anything but opening the door (happens very rarely)
3) I have to press and hold the Seat 1 button till the seat is back to its setting.
4) I stand there confused and frustrated (happens every time)
-------------------------------------------------------------

The Memory 1 and 2 buttons react differently depending on how you took them out of their memory position. If you move the seat using the electrical controls on the driver's left side seat bottom out of the memory position, then the memory buttons works as advertised in the owner's manual: Recalling settings -If the driver's door is open, tap the corresponding memory button briefly. -If the driver's door is closed, press the appropriate memory button until the stored position is reached. So far so good.

Now what happens if you move the driver's seat out of the memory position using the so called Easy Entry Function on the upper left side of the seat to let someone in or out of the back seat? You lifted the latch, tilted the seat forward, and then used the A/B switch to move the seat forward (A direction) electrically to allow your back seat passenger in or out. Since you want to make sure you don't then jam the seat against their legs if they just got in the back seat, you cannot use the one-touch Memory button feature to automatically move the seat back to the original memory position, even with the door open. The Memory buttons will only work by holding the button in place until you reach the Memory position, whether the door is open or closed. You can also restore the seat to the previous position by taking the seat out of the tilt position and holding the A/B lever in the B direction. If you continue to hold the switch down it will automatically stop the seat in the position it started in. If this is too far back for your rear seat passenger's legs, then hold the B switch down until it is where you want it and then let go.

This is how my A5 seat works anyway. I hope this helps!

RSP
Old 07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Sorry, can't answer the memory seat question because 95% of the time I am the only one driving the car.

Re: washing, mine is also black and yes... every water spot shows. I wash and dry mine with synthetic cloths. I use regular towels on the rims and never let them touch the paint. I use Zymol wax for the occasional light scratches. It leaves lots of wax dust but does get rid of minor scratches and leaves a great shine.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

For drying the car (this will sound crazy and will make your neighbors stare) but try an electric leaf blower. Works great. Then I finish with an "Absorber". It's a synthetic chamois that can found at any auto parts store. Then you can finish with a spray (I use either Adam's detail spray or Griot's Garage speed shine) and buff with a microfiber towel.

Black cars are a lot of work but it looks great when it's clean!