Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Eve of ordering my RS5

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 03:18 PM
68l
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eve of ordering my RS5

So the day is finally here. I will most likely order my '15 RS5 tomorrow but a funny thing happened today at the dealer. They had a Daytona Pearl, black optic package, with red calipers sitting in the showroom. She was stunning. Black 5 arm wheels...just stunning. My original thought was Ibis white but now not so sure.

Does anyone have the Daytonna and regretting the color choice? Does it get old?

Lastly, what are everyone's thoughts on the $1500 wheel protection plan (good for 5 years). This car will be a keeper, no trading in when the next cool thing comes out. I've had my bimmer since '04.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

First off, can you even still order an RS5? 2015 is done model-year wise and there will be no 2016 RS5. Unless you're in Europe?

Secondly, I love Daytona and it's what I will be buying. (I'm also ordering this week.)
Old 04-08-2015, 09:31 PM
68l
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jsausley
First off, can you even still order an RS5? 2015 is done model-year wise and there will be no 2016 RS5. Unless you're in Europe?

Secondly, I love Daytona and it's what I will be buying. (I'm also ordering this week.)
The dealer is still taking orders on the '15. No idea when they'll stop taking orders but suspect sometime by the end of this month if not sooner. Tomorrow I'll finally place my order as I don't want a twin turbo, regardless the extra torque and weight loss. This car is my Grail.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 68l
The dealer is still taking orders on the '15. No idea when they'll stop taking orders but suspect sometime by the end of this month if not sooner. Tomorrow I'll finally place my order as I don't want a twin turbo, regardless the extra torque and weight loss. This car is my Grail.
Good luck, I hope you're not disappointed. Please report here with your findings at the dealer... the reason I ask is because I know the 2015 ordering has been ended for the S5, since I was in the market for one (they're still being produced but only for another 3-4 weeks). I assumed the 2015 RS5 would be halted at the same time.

Production is being setup for 2016s now and here's the order guide (no RS5):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qji33mo45...81%29.pdf?dl=0
Old 04-09-2015, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Lokked at the different colors when I ordered my RS5 and I went with Daytona grey. Did not want black or white, really was torn between Sepang and Daytona. Then I saw an RS5 in Daytona Grey and decided this was it.

The car looks mean and classy at the same time, especially with the black optics and the black wheels. Only thing that bugs me is the metal trim around the windshield and windows.

For the 1500$ wheel protection, if you are talking about the package which includes interior repairs, paint chips and minor dents, I am taking that one as well.

Taking delivery next week.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:25 AM
jgd
Banned

Originally Posted by 68l
So the day is finally here. I will most likely order my '15 RS5 tomorrow but a funny thing happened today at the dealer. They had a Daytona Pearl, black optic package, with red calipers sitting in the showroom. She was stunning. Black 5 arm wheels...just stunning. My original thought was Ibis white but now not so sure.

Does anyone have the Daytonna and regretting the color choice? Does it get old?

Lastly, what are everyone's thoughts on the $1500 wheel protection plan (good for 5 years). This car will be a keeper, no trading in when the next cool thing comes out. I've had my bimmer since '04.

Thanks in advance!
I love my Daytona grey pearl with the black optics package. with the window tint it really is stealthy. I love the 5 arm wheels, although I change out to winter tires with VMR 710's to change the look a bit. You will not regret the color choice. I bought the wheel package, NE roads suck!
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2015, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I just picked up a new A5 S-Line with the black optics and S-Line performance pack. I also grabbed the wheel protection. The "suggested" price was 1395.00. I was able to negotiate the price down to 1100.00, for the full protection plan, 5 years of coverage.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Love my Grey '15 RS5

Congratulations on such a wonderful dilemma. I have had two S5's - one of which was Glacier White, the other Daytona Grey. The white was always sharp and picked up the light so nicely - and an ever so slight blue tinge. However, I really enjoyed the Daytona Grey as it always changes it's hue depending upon conditions. I have an RS5 now with the Black Optics Package and black five-arm wheels with red piping. I am just smitten with the color combo.

The car is a hoot in the mountains, although the low end grunt from our supercharged S4 and S5's are so strong out of the corners. However, when the rev's are up, you cannot stop grinning in the RS5. At the end of the day, pop it back in "D" and Comfort mode and it purrs all the way home.

Best wishes

Eric
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How was your chat with the dealer? I was at the dealer yesterday and he confirmed that I could not order a 2015, and that 2016s were basically on a wait list.. orders now get put in the pipeline, but no order is going in until official orders open up which could be this week, or by the end of April.

Regardless, my order is ready to go.

2016 S5
Manual
Premium Plus
Daytona Gray
Alcantara
B&O (Standard now)
Sport Diff
Black Optics (not just High Gloss -- this includes 20" wheels now)
Technology
Carbon Atlas
Supercharged Badges

Pretty stoked with the loadout.. hoping it comes in under $60,000 but the Black Optics will probably tick it over. After my 6% ACNA it'll be reasonable though.

The new Black Optics package includes these wheels:

Last edited by jsausley; 04-10-2015 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Too bad it doesn't include that whole car!

Quick Reply: Eve of ordering my RS5