Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Did I buy a USED A5 that dealer sold as NEW?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I buy a USED A5 that dealer sold as NEW?

I purchased an A5 in January 2012 and was told it comes with 3 month trial subscription for Sirius Sat Radio and Nav Traffic. I noticed today that both have expired after only 1 month. I never got anything in the mail asking to subscribe.

Now I am wondering what the story is here. The car had 35 miles on it when I bought it. Has this car been registered prior? I asked the dealer if this was a used car and they said no. I am suspicious now.

Here is the vin if anyone can tell me: WAUVFAFR3CA005219
Old 02-19-2012, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

for some reason it was activated early -- just call Sirius and tell them you just bought the vehicle and don't mention anything about it already being activated....by the way if you look on slickdeals you can get Sirius 6 mos for $25!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm more interested in having the traffic real time. I mostly listen to my iPod in the car.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwise
I'm more interested in having the traffic real time. I mostly listen to my iPod in the car.
You have to have the sat radio part to get traffic
Old 02-20-2012, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The question is why did the trial subscription expire after 1 month. Did the warranty also start early?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Excuse me but you do seem a bit paranoid over this. With 35 miles on the car when delivered it is obviously new. I presume it wasn't ordered but rather on the lot and therefore the dealership as typical commenced the Sirius subscription so prospective buyers could hear same prior to purchase. The three month trial commences on purchase date (as does your vehicle warranty, etc.) so just call Sirius and explain same and I'm sure they'll reactivate for the appropriate duration.

btw: my car was ordered (17 miles when delivered but they can have more based on add'l Audi factory testing, movement in transit, etc.) and therefore my Sirius was activated only a few days prior to my taking delivery and I actually got 4 months prior to reactivation being required.

The question is why did the trial subscription expire after 1 month. Did the warranty also start early?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every Audi I know of has Sirius activated for a few months from the start. The dealer doesn't do anything unless you sign up during the time of purchase. I'm sure your car sat on the lot for a while, that's why it expired now. Just call Sirius or have the dealer call them and let them know your trial ran out and it's only been a month, not three.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I purchased an A5 in January 2012 and was told it comes with 3 month trial subscription for Sirius Sat Radio and Nav Traffic. I noticed today that both have expired after only 1 month. I never got anything in the mail asking to subscribe.

Now I am wondering what the story is here. The car had 35 miles on it when I bought it. Has this car been registered prior? I asked the dealer if this was a used car and they said no. I am suspicious now.

Here is the vin if anyone can tell me: WAUVFAFR3CA005219
Your car arrived at the dealer in October 2011. This is why your Sirius subscription ran out early. Just contact Sirius and have them redo the trial. They should be able to do this for your.

Just for everyone's etification, the system automatically activates anytime the car is on long enough to do the handshake with Sirius. This is automatic and the dealer is not involved. So if the car was on long enough when it arrived at the dealer then that is when the automatic activation started.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

YOUR CAR HAS A SOLD DATE OF 11/7/11.. MOST LIKELY THE DEALER SOLD THE CAR AND THE CUSTOMER CANCELED AFTER THE DEALER ALREADY MARKED THE CAR SOLD WITH AUDI AND THEY WERE UNABLE TO BACK OUT THE SALE.

Vehicle Configuration

Model Year: 2012
Model: 8T356A A5 2.0T COUPE 2-DR AUTO QUATTRO
Exterior Color: A2A2 BRILLIANT BLACK
Interior Color: GD BLACK
Options: 0LM CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS
6W3 FRONT LICENSE PLATE - HOLDER
AMI IPOD CABLE FOR AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE - NO CHARGE
APK ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS & TRUNK LINER
WL3 WHEEL LOCKS - A3, A4, A5, A6,A7,TT
WPT PRESTIGE PACKAGE
WQS SPORT PACKAGE

Sale Information

VIN: WAUVFAFR3CA005219
New Sales Date: 11/07/2011
Old 02-20-2012, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks. So I did buy a used car. What if any are my options? That means the warranty was started in November 2011.

Quick Reply: Did I buy a USED A5 that dealer sold as NEW?