Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Credit Union? Audi's Financing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Credit Union? Audi's Financing?

I remember someone on this forum said that it's better to apply the credit from a credit union rather than audi's financing. I'm just curious why? Let say you and sales rep have agreed on a deal, and you tell them that you're not gonna use Audi's Financing but rather your own Credit Union, what will happen?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just placed an order today and the sales guy said it is better for me to get my own finance if the rate is less than Audi's. I'm planning to check with my Credit Union at work. I heard someone here used Penfed and got 1.49....
Originally Posted by doctortt
I remember someone on this forum said that it's better to apply the credit from a credit union rather than audi's financing. I'm just curious why? Let say you and sales rep have agreed on a deal, and you tell them that you're not gonna use Audi's Financing but rather your own Credit Union, what will happen?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Best approach if financing is to find your own best rate (often credit unions) and let the dealer know. If he can find a better rate, it's a win-win. If he can only match, then ask him to sweeten the deal. There's always room for creativity. Best of luck!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just financed my S5 through Pentagon Federal Credit Union... 1.49%

They also have a car buying service... if you go through them you could get a rate of 0.99%
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is it for the military only? Or civilians can apply as well? Thx
Originally Posted by sixstrings981
I just financed my S5 through Pentagon Federal Credit Union... 1.49%

They also have a car buying service... if you go through them you could get a rate of 0.99%
Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Go out to their site. If you join one of the listed military-focused organizations (by paying a little fee), you are eligible to become a member. You don't have to stay with that org, you only need to be a member when you apply for penfed membership.

I looked at this, but locked in the 1.9% Audi financing today for a vehicle that I ordered with the 6% supplier discount on 12/26.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Once you've agreed on a price, if the dealer changes the terms b/c you don't want to use their financing dept or even buy a warranty or even have a trade in, I'd politely walk out.

Always go in with the best finance rate approved elsewhere (Penfed is one of the best right now), but also know what specials Audi might be running. They've had 0.9% for some vehicles last year. Ask what the best they can do is, then either take it, or ask to match the rate you got elsewhere. The reason you want to go in with something is that some dealerships, with less than satisfactory integrity, could force you onto a higher rate to make more money. A quick comparison is 1.49% vs 2.49%: you would pay $209 more for every $10K financed over 48mo with the higher rate.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:15 AM
DOC
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also went with PenFed at 1.49%; dealership couldn't/wouldn't match that. Everything went very smoothly.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

I told the dealer what I could get at a local credit union and they offered to match it through Bank Of America so that saved me some running back and forth between credit union and dealership.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Besides penfed, can someone please list a few other credit union's?

Quick Reply: Credit Union? Audi's Financing?