Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

colour trauma... black vs Quartz gray vs avus silver

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default colour trauma... black vs Quartz gray vs avus silver

Welll initially I wanted to get a Quartz gray badly...but when I saw it the other day I am not really satisfied.... I thought it would be something like Platinum graphite of G37 but its not...

So now I have one more variable to solve ..COLOR !!!!

What do you guys think will be more sporty and stylish ? I know its personal pref but just what went through your minds when you selected what yous selected

Save me form this colour traumaa
Old 07-30-2011, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Avus silver is nice, everyone has black . Avus silver my vote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Bias of course but Avus hands down. Quartz is a beautiful classy color but not my preference on the 5's. Black is great but ive had it and im **** and it caused too much stress and wasnt even my daily. Avus is unique, rare, and has many variations dependant on lighting. Wasnt looking for it but glad I found it. Many pics in sig but I think you have already checked them. Perfect for sport, class, and always looks glossy and clean. My only other pref would be daytona but its hard to come by on the preowned market.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mop1.8t
Bias of course but Avus hands down. Quartz is a beautiful classy color but not my preference on the 5's. Black is great but ive had it and im **** and it caused too much stress and wasnt even my daily. Avus is unique, rare, and has many variations dependant on lighting. Wasnt looking for it but glad I found it. Many pics in sig but I think you have already checked them. Perfect for sport, class, and always looks glossy and clean. My only other pref would be daytona but its hard to come by on the preowned market.

Yaa Daytona is tough.. but i love that

one qn regarding avus silver... will that be different from all the silver cars on the road.. was noy fortunate enough to fnd that at a dealer near me to see in real world..so have to stick to opinions....and reviews
Old 07-30-2011, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

WAY different!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Definitely Avus. Quartz doesn't seem to work with A5's lines for some reason and black is just too 'meh'.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
Definitely Avus. Quartz doesn't seem to work with A5's lines for some reason and black is just too 'meh'.
you guys are dragging me towards avus....
Old 07-31-2011, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

You wont be disapointed and im sure the other avus/monza owners will agree. Pics dont do it justice.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Since I don't where you are from, are you even sure the car you want is available in those colors?

I have Monza Silver and I love it, however that color (or Avus) isn't available for an S5 here in Canada.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i went with the Phantom Black and love it - i think it looks great and although lots of people have black i still get comments on the car all the time about how great it looks. also - I think Black is kind of timeless - it doesn't get "dated" the way some colors do - remember the Ranch Brown of the 70's? its your car though - get what makes you happy.

Quick Reply: colour trauma... black vs Quartz gray vs avus silver