Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Can you fit 4 wheels (with tires) in an A5?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you fit 4 wheels (with tires) in an A5?

Wondering whether it is possible to carry for instance the winter wheel/tire set to the shop to be fitted. Looks like only 2 would fit in the trunk. Could the remaining 2 go in the back or maybe the front passenger side of an A5??

Dubliner
Old 09-03-2013, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubliner
Wondering whether it is possible to carry for instance the winter wheel/tire set to the shop to be fitted. Looks like only 2 would fit in the trunk. Could the remaining 2 go in the back or maybe the front passenger side of an A5??

Dubliner
Just put the back seat down and slide two of the wheels into the rear seating area and they should fit OK.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If it was me, I'd go rent a truck before I'd start transporting wheels and tires in a $50,000 car. Hell, if you lived close to me I'd come help you with my truck. But, if you must use your car, make 2 trips. And use a blanket or something to protect your car.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by black2011silver
If it was me, I'd go rent a truck before I'd start transporting wheels and tires in a $50,000 car. Hell, if you lived close to me I'd come help you with my truck. But, if you must use your car, make 2 trips. And use a blanket or something to protect your car.
Good advice! I tried to get 4 18" snow tires in my S5 Cab the first winter and gave up after I could not fit 2 of them in the trunk.

I have the dealer store the off season tires for me instead of making a few trips there every Spring and Fall.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tmiele
Good advice! I tried to get 4 18" snow tires in my S5 Cab the first winter and gave up after I could not fit 2 of them in the trunk.

I have the dealer store the off season tires for me instead of making a few trips there every Spring and Fall.
That's also a great idea. Do they charge you a storage fee?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When dealer put on my dubs, I took the stock 18" wheels/tires home with the back seat folded. It is tight, but they will fit. No damage to anything.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the input.
For my current B6 A4 I can easily fit 2 in the truck and 2 in the back seat- ALWAYS wrapped in a black plastic bag-never uncovered!
I had not thought of folding the seats down in the A5 and glad to hear things will fit. My mechanic will not store- no space in the city area.
Looking to replace my A4 with maybe...A5...maybe not

Dubliner
Old 09-04-2013, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

That's also a great idea. Do they charge you a storage fee?
Yes, most dealers charge. I use a dealer that charges $50 a season - other charge $75 -$100 a season here in the Chicago area.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I managed to squeeze a set of 18" rims with winters mounted last year into my S5. The trick for me was tire tote bags. Not only do they protect the car, they make the wheels slippery, which makes them easier to maneuver into the folded down back.

I bought my set from TireRack years ago, but I've seen them around other retail chains. I highly recommend the tote bags if you plan on moving tires around in your car or house. (I have no garage, my tires come into the house and sit in the unfinished part of my basement.)
Old 09-13-2013, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dubliner

Dubliner
I just picked up a set of 245/40/18's and fith them in. 3 in the back with the seats down and one in the passenger seat. Just be sure to either use totes or a clean blanket. Not worth messing up your nice ride.

Quick Reply: Can you fit 4 wheels (with tires) in an A5?