Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Buying a 2010 A5

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonesy10
I stopped by my local Audi dealership in Sacramento the other day to just kick tires and look at prices. They had a fairly good selection on new 2011's on the lot already. After talking with the internet sales rep, he told me about a 2010 A5 2.0T that had just come in from corporate. It had only been on the lot 2 days, and I was able to grab it! It is a silver, automatic, premium plus with nav. Has 11K miles on it. The best part, is that they certified it, which gives me the great Audi Certified Pre-owned warranty......a longer warranty than even on the new cars, AND I still get the remainder of the new car warranty. Even after trading in a lease that I was upside down in, price of the car came to $41,400. (They were asking $42,988) I was pretty happy.

I think it's about that time of year when a lot of corporate cars are starting to get turned back in, so I'd keep checking your local dealer inventory, or ask a salesman to keep an eye out for the model you are looking for.
2.0T A5 automatic? sounds slow already
Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SantoDomingoS5
2.0T A5 automatic? sounds slow already
wow.....way to be a hater.......bet you feel better about yourself don't ya....
Old 08-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks uncle Vinnie -- overstock looks like a good route!

Originally Posted by VinnieTheFish
I work for a company that qualified for the supplier discount and found a better deal with no haggling using Overstock.com. Go to the cars section and sign up there. They basically give you the same 6% discount from MSRP + any current incentives. If you start your negotiations that way you can talk them down more like I did. Doubt I'll ever purchase a car again without going this route as I tried doing the Edmunds.com thing and haggling with other dealers without much luck.

they even give you a nice little certificate that states the discount that you can print and bring with you in hand. Made negotiating that much easier as we didn't have to use that "pie in the sky number" referred to as MSRP that nobody pays. And if you do, sorry for your loss.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

wow.....way to be a hater.......bet you feel better about yourself don't ya....
I tested a 2.0T before I purchased my S5 and it felt slow in my opinion, not being a hater here, just giving opinion.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm not going to knock the S5 cause it's a great car, but don't need that much power. Why do I need to be the first one to the next red light? The 2.0 has plenty of torque to keep me happy in daily driving. Also, I saved a lot on purchase price and will save thousands on gas over the life of the car. With a chip, it will have more torque than the 3.2, and post better 0-60 times.

I was just kinda pissed that my first post in the A5 forum after buying a car I'm very proud of gets a reply from someone telling me my car is slow. I get it, you have an S5......you're better than me. Congrats...

Originally Posted by SantoDomingoS5
I tested a 2.0T before I purchased my S5 and it felt slow in my opinion, not being a hater here, just giving opinion.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

how much would it cost to install this "chip"?

I'm not going to knock the S5 cause it's a great car, but don't need that much power. Why do I need to be the first one to the next red light? The 2.0 has plenty of torque to keep me happy in daily driving. Also, I saved a lot on purchase price and will save thousands on gas over the life of the car. With a chip, it will have more torque than the 3.2, and post better 0-60 times.

I was just kinda pissed that my first post in the A5 forum after buying a car I'm very proud of gets a reply from someone telling me my car is slow. I get it, you have an S5......you're better than me. Congrats...
Old 08-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kscool911
how much would it cost to install this "chip"?
If you want to retain your factory warranty I believe it's between $1400-$1800... most Audi dealerships should be able to do it using the Stasis ECM upgrade.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gfunk808
If you want to retain your factory warranty I believe it's between $1400-$1800... most Audi dealerships should be able to do it using the Stasis ECM upgrade.

Here's a link to the STaSIS website: http://www.stasisengineering.com/sig...ategory=engine

$1,295 for the chip. You can find other stuff out there in the $600-$800 range, but if you engine blows up, it's on you. By going through STaSIS, you are paying more, but don't void your warranty.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here's a link to the STaSIS website: http://www.stasisengineering.com/sig...ategory=engine

$1,295 for the chip. You can find other stuff out there in the $600-$800 range, but if you engine blows up, it's on you. By going through STaSIS, you are paying more, but don't void your warranty.
This is correct, but my understandIng is that STaSIS underwrites your Audi warranty. So technically, the STaSIS chip voids your Audi warranty, but STaSIS will cover warranty costs related to their chip. In other words, with STaSIS you are buying a ~$500 chip and a ~$800 warranty that matches your OEM warranty. What makes this work is STaSIS partnership with Audi (i.e., the customer doesn't get caught in the middle of any finger pointing). I note this because it is possible to buy STaSIS parts without the Audi warranty coverage, so check things out if the price seems too good. This should never be an issue when you buy through an Audi dealership or authorized STaSIS installer.

Last edited by Ruairi; 08-30-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ruairi
This is correct, but my understandIng is that STaSIS underwrites your Audi warranty. So technically, the STaSIS chip voids your Audi warranty, but STaSIS will cover warranty costs related to their chip. In other words, with STaSIS you are buying a ~$500 chip and a ~$800 warranty that matches your OEM warranty. What makes this work is STaSIS partnership with Audi (i.e., the customer doesn't get caught in the middle of any finger pointing). I note this because it is possible to buy STaSIS parts without the Audi warranty coverage, so check things out if the price seems too good. This should never be an issue when you buy through an Audi dealership or authorized STaSIS installer.
So buy paying about $1300 = 500+800, it will not decrease my warranty? And does StaSiS take care of the installation?
It says it pushes UP TO 261hp/305lbft, so it varies from car to car even though they are all A5 with 2.0T engines? What's the average speed it pushes up to?

Quick Reply: Buying a 2010 A5