Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Buying a 2010 A5

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a 2010 A5

I was previously looking for a used 3.2L, but have decided to go for a 2.0T instead.

Finding a used 2010 can be challenging, but I thought I would put it out to the group for suggestions... would also be interested in hearing ideas about how to save on a new car as the 2010MY spins down (e.g. Audi loyalty discount, etc.).

Thanks in advance from both me and my wallet!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default foud a 2010 for a good price

I stopped by my local Audi dealership in Sacramento the other day to just kick tires and look at prices. They had a fairly good selection on new 2011's on the lot already. After talking with the internet sales rep, he told me about a 2010 A5 2.0T that had just come in from corporate. It had only been on the lot 2 days, and I was able to grab it! It is a silver, automatic, premium plus with nav. Has 11K miles on it. The best part, is that they certified it, which gives me the great Audi Certified Pre-owned warranty......a longer warranty than even on the new cars, AND I still get the remainder of the new car warranty. Even after trading in a lease that I was upside down in, price of the car came to $41,400. (They were asking $42,988) I was pretty happy.

I think it's about that time of year when a lot of corporate cars are starting to get turned back in, so I'd keep checking your local dealer inventory, or ask a salesman to keep an eye out for the model you are looking for.

Originally Posted by gfunk808
I was previously looking for a used 3.2L, but have decided to go for a 2.0T instead.

Finding a used 2010 can be challenging, but I thought I would put it out to the group for suggestions... would also be interested in hearing ideas about how to save on a new car as the 2010MY spins down (e.g. Audi loyalty discount, etc.).

Thanks in advance from both me and my wallet!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

a friend of mine recently purchase a 09 A5 3.2 6mt with only 3k miles. It was pretty much loaded nav, b&0 system, tech package(advanced key, side assist, etc). It was a steal, the dealer gave her the option 40k or 41k to have it certified. Of course she took the certified option. 41k was a steal IMO, its going to pretty hard to find that good of a deal. (Doesn't hurt that she pretty hot)
Old 08-18-2010, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just bought a silver premium plus with B/O yesterday, 6% supply discount and $1500 2010 model incentive. I am happy with the purchase as I like the 2010 rims better than 2011 rims.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dawnsky
I just bought a silver premium plus with B/O yesterday, 6% supply discount and $1500 2010 model incentive. I am happy with the purchase as I like the 2010 rims better than 2011 rims.
Dawnsky - what is this supply discounts and incentive you speak of? can anybody qualify, and do all dealerships offer it?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Jonesy, good idea...

Originally Posted by Jonesy10
I stopped by my local Audi dealership in Sacramento the other day to just kick tires and look at prices. They had a fairly good selection on new 2011's on the lot already. After talking with the internet sales rep, he told me about a 2010 A5 2.0T that had just come in from corporate. It had only been on the lot 2 days, and I was able to grab it! It is a silver, automatic, premium plus with nav. Has 11K miles on it. The best part, is that they certified it, which gives me the great Audi Certified Pre-owned warranty......a longer warranty than even on the new cars, AND I still get the remainder of the new car warranty. Even after trading in a lease that I was upside down in, price of the car came to $41,400. (They were asking $42,988) I was pretty happy.

I think it's about that time of year when a lot of corporate cars are starting to get turned back in, so I'd keep checking your local dealer inventory, or ask a salesman to keep an eye out for the model you are looking for.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dawnsky - what is this supply discounts and incentive you speak of? can anybody qualify, and do all dealerships offer it?
It's most likely a supplier discount...which is only available to companies that are a partner of Audi. If the company you work for is not part of the supplier network, you cannot qualify.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I work for a company that qualified for the supplier discount and found a better deal with no haggling using Overstock.com. Go to the cars section and sign up there. They basically give you the same 6% discount from MSRP + any current incentives. If you start your negotiations that way you can talk them down more like I did. Doubt I'll ever purchase a car again without going this route as I tried doing the Edmunds.com thing and haggling with other dealers without much luck.

they even give you a nice little certificate that states the discount that you can print and bring with you in hand. Made negotiating that much easier as we didn't have to use that "pie in the sky number" referred to as MSRP that nobody pays. And if you do, sorry for your loss.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Vinny just mentioned, you can use Overstock.com or a couple others through this website: http://zag.com/

Check it out. They basically already have the price pre-negotiated and certain dealers will accept the price.

It might work for you.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

sorry typo, it was supplier discount.

Quick Reply: Buying a 2010 A5