Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Bluetooth RS5 Issue with Galaxy S3, First phone call drops

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth RS5 Issue with Galaxy S3, First phone call drops

Hi,

I have an issue when my phone is connected through bluetooth, outgoing calls work fine, when someone rings me sometimes it will connect but I wont be able to hear them and any music playing will not be muted, then they will call back and it will work as normal.

this happens very often, anyone else had the same issue?

cheers
Toby
Old 09-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have this happen often. Dealer said nothing is wrong with the MMI, or the Bluetooth. Had it checked 3x's. Audi's answer, Its the phones fault. Well, I don believe it but there is nothing I can do about it. Best solution is Turning off Bluetooth on you phone and power cycling the phone. While that is going on delete the phone from your car's Bluetooth devices. When the phone is back on, delete the car from its Bluetooth memory. Go through the re syncing process all over again. I have this happen to two different model phones. My LG Optimums G and the wife's HTC One.Its the phones fault, my butt.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I don't have a RS5 but in the RS7 I was driving for awhile...

It had no issues pairing to an iphone 5.

Audi definitely supports apple over any other cell phone company.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

My GS3 works perfectly with my S5 and Q7.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,

yes I have repaired it a number of times but the issue keeps happening, its a wierd one as only happens sometimes when answering calls!

cheers anyway
Old 09-23-2013, 01:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Draken00
I have this happen often. Dealer said nothing is wrong with the MMI, or the Bluetooth. Had it checked 3x's. Audi's answer, Its the phones fault. Well, I don believe it but there is nothing I can do about it. Best solution is Turning off Bluetooth on you phone and power cycling the phone. While that is going on delete the phone from your car's Bluetooth devices. When the phone is back on, delete the car from its Bluetooth memory. Go through the re syncing process all over again. I have this happen to two different model phones. My LG Optimums G and the wife's HTC One.Its the phones fault, my butt.
Do you know what firmware version of the MMI you are on?

cheers
Old 09-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by digitalmischief
Do you know what firmware version of the MMI you are on?

cheers
I have an older version than what you have. Mine also acts up on receiving an incoming call. Not when I place one, only receive. Not all the time, but sporadic. You accept the call like normal, it shows connected, but you cant hear anyone. I have asked people who have called to see if they can hear me saying hello. They can. Then they call disconnects. Its really frustrating. When the dealer checked my software, they said there was nothing wrong and couldn't update my software without me paying for it even tough it was under warranty. Its a few hundred dollars to update the software and that's not even a guaranteed fix.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Draken00
I have an older version than what you have. Mine also acts up on receiving an incoming call. Not when I place one, only receive. Not all the time, but sporadic. You accept the call like normal, it shows connected, but you cant hear anyone. I have asked people who have called to see if they can hear me saying hello. They can. Then they call disconnects. Its really frustrating. When the dealer checked my software, they said there was nothing wrong and couldn't update my software without me paying for it even tough it was under warranty. Its a few hundred dollars to update the software and that's not even a guaranteed fix.
Yes thats exactly the issue I am having, Im have my audi in to do the breakpads on thursday at an audi dealiership so will see what they say!
Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by digitalmischief
Yes thats exactly the issue I am having, Im have my audi in to do the breakpads on thursday at an audi dealiership so will see what they say!
Let me know what they say. Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well after speaking to the Audi dealer, they confirmed they do tend to have quite a few issues with smartphones (old style phones work fine), but they blame it on the phones! they've said they had issues with iPhones on one version which was then fixed when the iPhone was next updated!! Also Samsung are known to be a bit flaky with it, does not sound like they are bothered about it though..!

Not much help!

Quick Reply: Bluetooth RS5 Issue with Galaxy S3, First phone call drops