Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Back with the Audi family - Just bought a 2011 S5

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Back with the Audi family - Just bought a 2011 S5

I had a 2003 TT back in the day (pic below in sig).

I was very close to purchasing a 135i BMW Cab because it seemed like EVERY Audi dealer in tri-state NYC area wanted MSRP on their in stock S5s. Wouldn't budge.

Finally found a 2011 S5 in NJ from a dealer willing to deal that had one IN STOCK. Had to drive 90 miles from my house to get there. But was worth it. They gave me a fantastic deal on my trade. And sold me an S5 for $3100 under MSRP. S5 Cab Premium Plus with Navigation, Bang & Olfsen and Stainless inlays. I am quite surprised I got it for the price I did. They must have wanted to move it.

This car is f'in awesome. I love it. My wife loves it (very important to have WAF ha ha).

This is a perfect compliment to the 2010 Jeep Wrangler I purchased in March.

Let me ask one question... the dealer didn't even bother to offer me AudiCare or an Extended Warranty.

Are there any companies that will sell me a wheel/tire warranty for cheap? Like $400 bucks or less? I want to be able to drive the mean streets of NYC and not worry about pothole expenses coming out of my pocket.

Last edited by DjPiLL; 09-22-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can buy the AudiCare at any time. Not sure about the extended warranty...

Congrats on the car! Much better looking than the 135.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DjPiLL
I had a 2003 TT back in the day (pic below in sig).

I was very close to purchasing a 135i BMW Cab because it seemed like EVERY Audi dealer in tri-state NYC area wanted MSRP on their in stock S5s. Wouldn't budge.

Finally found a 2011 S5 in NJ from a dealer willing to deal that had one IN STOCK. Had to drive 90 miles from my house to get there. But was worth it. They gave me a fantastic deal on my trade. And sold me an S5 for $3100 under MSRP. S5 Cab Premium Plus with Navigation, Bang & Olfsen and Stainless inlays. I am quite surprised I got it for the price I did. They must have wanted to move it.

This car is f'in awesome. I love it. My wife loves it (very important to have WAF ha ha).

This is a perfect compliment to the 2010 Jeep Wrangler I purchased in March.

Let me ask one question... the dealer didn't even bother to offer me AudiCare or an Extended Warranty.

Are there any companies that will sell me a wheel/tire warranty for cheap? Like $400 bucks or less? I want to be able to drive the mean streets of NYC and not worry about pothole expenses coming out of my pocket.

Congratulations, you will be happy you did not buy the BMW. I came out of a 335 cab. With the run flats the car sucks big time! I have a Ibis/brown top with Tuscan and Blk interior with B&0 Carbon Fiber/ADS and Navigation. I have to say after 600 miles I can't think of a car I love better.The white/brown gets a ton of compliments. Power is leaps ahead of the BMW or at least in feel. Other than the MPG this is the bomb! Fit and finish is flawless. My I-pod hooked right up and I downloaded over 500 songs in now time. Look into Venture shield for the front end I did it for $300.00 in MD If you bend a wheel it costs about $125 to fix. I have continentals on mine and really like the tires. Just keep about 3 or so lbs more in each and you should be fine.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh believe me I prefered the S5 all the way over the BMW. I just couldn't justify spending MSRP on a car. I won't pay MSRP on ANY car.

I am glad I finally found somebody willing to deal.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DjPiLL

Congrats! and welcome back..

you might want to spend a little more audi now offers a Audi Wheel Protection plan, for my 19' tri spokes was like $600 bux.. definitely worth, especially with all the NYC craters (pot holes)... rather then these cut rate 3rd party plans.. you can call any dealer and get it done. I don't think AFS would do it for you though.. so best best hit up a dealer business office.. and get it done.. (i think you only have the first 30 days.. i may stand corrected but thats what i was told). Audi care can be done at that same time also.