Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi dealer loaner cars vs rentals

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi dealer loaner cars vs rentals

How do most Audi dealers handle loaner cars / rentals? Are loaners only for big $$$ service intervals?

I took my brand new 2010 A5 (1k miles) in because two error lights were on, and received a toyota corolla from hertz when it couldn't be fixed in 4 hours. It is nice that they cover it (2 days max), so I'm not complaining. Just curious if I'll get to try out any other cars in the fleet if this car turns out to be a lemon.

This is in the DC market.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I too recently brought in my 2010 s5 cab for evaluation (vibration in the tonneau cover and a loose IPOD socket). I inquired with my rep about a loaner car and was told it was not Audi policy to provide this. Frankly, I am a bit taken aback by this policy. The dealer is approx 20 miles from my home, so I have to drive there and then have my wife come and pick me up (hence we had to do this on late Sunday for Monday servicing rather than simply on my way to work).

By comparison, I also own a Lexus and Infiniti. Both of these dealership offer up loaner vehicles for even the simplest of service visits (including maintenance visits).

Is the assumption that all Audi owners have others cars at home and can arrange for backup? I truly do not want to sound snobbish, but after paying $75k for a vehicle, I believe some liberties are due..
Old 11-10-2009, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe this policy is determined by the individual dealers...I am fortunate that my dealer offers me an Audi (A4 or A3) to drive while my car is being serviced or in for any repairs.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i got an a4 wagon loaner.

you have to plan ahead so they have a loaner, but my dealer has loaners.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default +1

Originally Posted by flyfishing
i got an a4 wagon loaner.

you have to plan ahead so they have a loaner, but my dealer has loaners.
My dealer has free courtesy cars but my guess is that this policy is on a dealer by dealer basis, and that no dealer has enough courtesy cars for every single customer who comes in each day so you have to plan in advance and ask for one.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How about car washes.
I was shocked to learn my dealership won't wash your car after doing any servicing.
BMW, Infiniti, etc all do this....

I guess this is dealer independent but Loaners and Washes should be a corporate policy in my opinion.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zub3qin
How about car washes.
I was shocked to learn my dealership won't wash your car after doing any servicing.
BMW, Infiniti, etc all do this....

I guess this is dealer independent but Loaners and Washes should be a corporate policy in my opinion.
You don't want the dealer washing your car, believe me......all they do is scratch up the finish.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I just ordered an A5 and as part of the deal they agreed to provide a loaner. No hesitation or extra cost.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

agreed - I get an Audi loaner and a wash EVERY time.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AZAudiFan
agreed - I get an Audi loaner and a wash EVERY time.
So far (twice) I have had a new A4 loaner each time....

When I bought my A5 - there was an add-on to the bill of sale called something like "Momentum Care" (I dont remember the exact name of it) that said I get a "detail" (aka car wash) each time my car is in for service. They made is sound like normally you would have to pay for it but in this case it said "FREE"

Quick Reply: Audi dealer loaner cars vs rentals