Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi Care and extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Care and extended warranty

What are your thoughts on both? I'm picking up my S5 Cab tomorrow and have the option to buy extra coverage. I will pass on the wheel/tire care though.

fyi...I bought the car outright, not leasing and would plan to keep at least four years. I know when selling the car, having an extended warranty is a bonus...but weighing options.

thanks,
Old 07-07-2010, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm definitely getting Audi Care for my S5, but I might pass on the extended warranty. I've been burned a couple of times with extended warranties in the pass, so I'm a bit hesitant.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well its not even about selling the car.. the way the audi extends work, is you can get cash back for time not used it something happens to the car.. or if you want to sell and have not used it yet.

havent gone extended yet.. but i may this time since im running high milage.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just bought my S5 on Saturday and am still thinking about getting the wheel/tire package. Anyone had to replace a wheel? What does one cost?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Derek@UI
Well its not even about selling the car.. the way the audi extends work, is you can get cash back for time not used it something happens to the car.. or if you want to sell and have not used it yet.

havent gone extended yet.. but i may this time since im running high milage.
How are you liking the s6?
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AudiCare is nice to have if you don't do your own maintenance. Make sure to negotiate the price of it...it is not set in stone and you can get the price down.

Extended Warranty is something you can buy at any time. No need to buy it now when you still have the factory warranty for 4 years. Buy it in 4 years if you plan to keep the car any longer than that.

Wheel/Tire protection is something I highly recommend for the A5/S5. There are too many horror stories of guys getting bent rims from rolling over a pothole because the tires are low-profile and don't protect the rims that well. I had a 2006 A4 S-line and two of the wheels got bent on a small pothole. I wished I had wheel/tire protection because the rims and tires were expensive. So, I bought it for my A5 and it cost me $399 and I believe it's well worth it for the piece of mind.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by atombomb33
AudiCare is nice to have if you don't do your own maintenance. Make sure to negotiate the price of it...it is not set in stone and you can get the price down..
Wow really? they always say "thats a set cost by Audi" even the web page says it.. but is there room to move on that $700 figure?
Old 07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jaymacc077
How are you liking the s6?
Lovin it.. the tickets not so much.. ha... almost sad that.. but the upkeep and wear and tear of constant brakes and tires.. i think it will be a sad.. but much needed part of ways
Old 07-08-2010, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek@UI
Wow really? they always say "thats a set cost by Audi" even the web page says it.. but is there room to move on that $700 figure?
Yes, there is room to negotiate it. I didn't personally purchase it for my A5 since I do all of my own maintenance, so it was worthless to me. But, I've seen guys post on here ranging from paying full MSRP for it down to some guys getting the dealer to throw it into the deal to make the sale.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by atombomb33
AudiCare is nice to have if you don't do your own maintenance. Make sure to negotiate the price of it...it is not set in stone and you can get the price down.

Extended Warranty is something you can buy at any time. No need to buy it now when you still have the factory warranty for 4 years. Buy it in 4 years if you plan to keep the car any longer than that.

Wheel/Tire protection is something I highly recommend for the A5/S5. There are too many horror stories of guys getting bent rims from rolling over a pothole because the tires are low-profile and don't protect the rims that well. I had a 2006 A4 S-line and two of the wheels got bent on a small pothole. I wished I had wheel/tire protection because the rims and tires were expensive. So, I bought it for my A5 and it cost me $399 and I believe it's well worth it for the piece of mind.
I agree with the high recommendation for the wheel/tire plan. I have had my S5 cab for 2 months, approx 2000 miles and hit a pothole. Tire got a bubble in the sidewall and i took it to Audi for my free replacement.

Quick Reply: Audi Care and extended warranty