Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Any IPhone users out there?? Bluetooth Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any IPhone users out there?? Bluetooth Question

I've had my car for a couple weeks now and have noticed that when I answer an incoming phone call via bluetooth while I'm using my IPhone to play music with the audi music interface I can never actually make the connection. The display shows that I am connected but I don't hear anyone on the other end. I always have to end the call and call them back and it works fine.
I'm new to bluetooth and tend to answer calls immediately so maybe I just need to let it ring a couple times?
Anyone have this experience?
I believe I don't have any trouble when the Iphone isn't plugged into the AMI.
Appreciate any help, thanks!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hmmm, yeah - I have an ipod in the glove box and the iphone stays in my pocket - works flawlessly. I've never tried using the iphone to play music, but I think waiting might help. The MMI shuts down the music and switches over to phone mode. So it really shouldn't matter that you have the iphone connected to the MMI - bluetooth for voice and cable for music are two separate things. Unless the iphone is trying to push voice audio out of the wired connection? Do you get the popup on the iphone that asks which output to use? Mine usually has three options, Audi MMI, iPhone, and Headset. You will only see this screen when a call is active...
Old 04-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by elf_cruiser
Hmmm, yeah - I have an ipod in the glove box and the iphone stays in my pocket - works flawlessly. I've never tried using the iphone to play music, but I think waiting might help. The MMI shuts down the music and switches over to phone mode. So it really shouldn't matter that you have the iphone connected to the MMI - bluetooth for voice and cable for music are two separate things. Unless the iphone is trying to push voice audio out of the wired connection? Do you get the popup on the iphone that asks which output to use? Mine usually has three options, Audi MMI, iPhone, and Headset. You will only see this screen when a call is active...
I think that has come up when I have the phone in sight, but I never see the phone when it's plugged into the AMI and a call comes in because it's in the glovebox. I'll try waiting a couple rings tomorrow and see if I have any luck. Thanks for the response
Old 04-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have never had any issues ans I always use my iphone in my glove box to play music. I get calls and works very well w/bluetooth. Only problem I have is I cant adjust the ring volume when a call comes in, bloody loud. Try a couple of test calls, if not talk to your dealer.
g'luck
Old 04-07-2010, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

To adjust the ring volume, turn the volume **** while it's ringing and it will stay that way for next time. I hate how the music just cuts out though, they needed to add a 1/2 sec of fade when the call comes in - it hurts when you have the stereo on full bore, and a call comes in...
Old 04-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm pretty sure if you press the "Setup" button while in the telephone screen you can set a couple different sound options, one of them being the ring volume. Doing some test calls now, I'll let you know how things go.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rugg1132
I'm pretty sure if you press the "Setup" button while in the telephone screen you can set a couple different sound options, one of them being the ring volume. Doing some test calls now, I'll let you know how things go.
That's true too - but then you can change it if you turn the **** while the phone is ringing. It can be annoying, there have been a few times that I was adjusting the stereo volume and someone called in while I was turning the ****. It's "too smart" - hahaha
Old 04-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rugg1132
How's that A5 going so far? is the 2.0T 6MT right? any feed back?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ayecarumba
How's that A5 going so far? is the 2.0T 6MT right? any feed back?
Yes, it's the 2.0T 6MT and I LOVE IT! Handles nice and tight while riding real comfortably, 6MT gear box is smooth, the car is beautiful, and the S-Line interior is amazingly sharp and comfortable.
I'm considering the Stasis exhaust and eventually the ECU software, not that the car lacks for power but who wouldn't like a little extra, you know?

I doubt this is anything new to an S5 driver, I'm sure that car just builds upon all that I love about the A5.

Couldn't be happier with the purchase!

(In other news, I let the phone ring 2 or 3 times and things worked, so I guess that's the hi-tech solution!)
Old 04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had a similar issue, either with the music muting or the music continuing to play (or radio). Try going into Options when it connects and selecting Mute (On), and then Mute (Off). Then you should be able to talk normally and hear the other person.

Quick Reply: Any IPhone users out there?? Bluetooth Question