Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

A5/S5 Owner Demographics

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Audiworld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my god so many of you in professions with what seem like no free time to enjoy the car... I feel so sorry for you!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

53 (last chance to say that...I turn 54 tomorrow), single, lobbyist.

I've had several Audis in the past, including two terrific A8s. Took leave of my senses three years ago and went with someone else's rear-wheel drive sports coupe. It's nice and all that, and helped with my mid-life crisis (to a point), and the convertible feature was great...but overall the car was terrible to live with. So, in about 5 weeks I'm off to Ingolstadt to pick up an S5 coupe. Why not another A8? Simple. It won't fit in my office's parking garage. Really. Besides, it has the A8's engine, has a terrific body, and is a blast to drive. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Audi-X2
53 (last chance to say that...I turn 54 tomorrow), single, lobbyist.

I've had several Audis in the past, including two terrific A8s. Took leave of my senses three years ago and went with someone else's rear-wheel drive sports coupe. It's nice and all that, and helped with my mid-life crisis (to a point), and the convertible feature was great...but overall the car was terrible to live with. So, in about 5 weeks I'm off to Ingolstadt to pick up an S5 coupe. Why not another A8? Simple. It won't fit in my office's parking garage. Really. Besides, it has the A8's engine, has a terrific body, and is a blast to drive. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
Audi-X2,

You're doing European Delivery in 5 weeks? I'll be there taking delivery on November 19th (see my signature below). Maybe we'll cross paths.

Do you have any driving routes planned out yet?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm a 59 year old married architect in Atlanta. I've had my S5 for about 2 months - Deep Sea Blue/Tuscan, 6-speed and love it! It is my 10th Audi, including 2 TTs. My wife drives a Q5.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

34, Married with 2 children, Network Dev Proj Mgr.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Don't feel sorry for me. I had the privilege to drive my S5 4500+K in Europe this summer, little more than half of that in Germany post break in. Sailing along at 120 to 150 mph for an hour or more on a couple of occasions will keep my cooking jar full for a while. The car arrives in Houston in three weeks, then its a fall/winter trip to LA for some modification, then up to AK along windy west coast roads and ultimately the Al-Can Highway. Good road trip, good first year experience.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

BTW Audi X-2 and shado 1019, Ive just come back from my Ingolstadt experience. Make sure you get the English museum tour, as well as the factory tour. I'd recommend staying in Ingolstadt vs the Kempinski hotel at Munich Airport as Ingolstadt is much quainter, has a cool old town, gives you a better feel about the people who are building your cars.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Shado1019
Audi-X2,

You're doing European Delivery in 5 weeks? I'll be there taking delivery on November 19th (see my signature below). Maybe we'll cross paths.

Do you have any driving routes planned out yet?
I'm arriving in Munich on November 21 and will pick up my S5 on November 23. Driving route is already planned -- north to Bamberg, west to Heidelberg, then on to France via Metz and Reims and then into Paris, where I'll spend several days before heading back to the US.

Perhaps we'll cross paths somewhere in the Ingolstadt/Munich area. What is your itinerary?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sierraglen
BTW Audi X-2 and shado 1019, Ive just come back from my Ingolstadt experience. Make sure you get the English museum tour, as well as the factory tour. I'd recommend staying in Ingolstadt vs the Kempinski hotel at Munich Airport as Ingolstadt is much quainter, has a cool old town, gives you a better feel about the people who are building your cars.
Thanks for the advice -- actually, reassurance that I'm going to do the right thing. I am looking forward to the factory and museum tours, and thought that staying in Ingolstadt would be much nicer and more appropriate than staying at the Munich airport hotel. I've checked the Ingolstadt hotel's website (the Rappensberger) and it seems like a nice place, and I want to see the town where the great Audis are built. Can't wait -- I leave in 30 days!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

New to the group. Very excited to take delivery of my A5 2.0T in December.

38, married, 2 children 6 & 8. CEO of architectural drafting company.

Didn't think my wife would go for it, but she said she crammed into the back of her dad's 911 until she was 13. My old man used to have a Lexus coupe when I was young.

We'll manage.

Quick Reply: A5/S5 Owner Demographics