Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2010 Audi S5 versus 2010 BMW M3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My decision

Originally Posted by acadia
sjenner so buy the M3 or the porsche, no one is forcing you to buy the S5. Since, neither Porsche nor BMW dictate Audi pricing, Audi can charge what they want, it is their car company after all.

Also, There isn't a mark up, I paid Manufacturer for my '09 S5, and it was 65,365. No mark up, that was Manufacturer price. If there was a mark up as there were by some early adopters in '08, you were paying $75K for the car not $65K.
You paid too much. I FINALLY found a dealer here in southern California willing to deal with 58k for a brand new 2010 Audi S5.

I am excited! I will probably do European delivery next year and visit the plant in Ingolstadt!
Love the car and more unique than the BMWs, Mercedes and Lexus that everyone drives in southern California.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Which dealer in So Cal?

Congrats on your S5 negotiations... which dealer did you work with?

Originally Posted by sjenner
You paid too much. I FINALLY found a dealer here in southern California willing to deal with 58k for a brand new 2010 Audi S5.

I am excited! I will probably do European delivery next year and visit the plant in Ingolstadt!
Love the car and more unique than the BMWs, Mercedes and Lexus that everyone drives in southern California.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Guys,

I like the comfort and style and V8 engine note of the S5 thats what sold me over the M3. If I had a race track a mile away, I would get the M3 now. But I can drive the S5 fast if need be but it wants to be cruised not raced. M3 past generation is a race car. New M3 is more luxury like S5 but more expensive. My fear about the M3 is that I would probably drive it 120 mph constantly and end up losing my drivers license. Its that fast race car. S5 is smoother car with power. Like a blend of Mercedes and Porsche for less money. And with Quattro AWD!

I figure if I negotiate and do Euro delivery I can get the S5 for 10k less than the M3 and be happier. Yes, luxury costs thats true. Bargain power helps too. Its like a Rolex watch- never cheap.

Anyways, the S5 does hold value. I see 2008 S5 for maybe 5-10k less than new. The used Mercedes and BMW drop by like 30%-50% after 2 years.

Also, Audi is ending the V8 in 2011 in the S5 coupe which sucks because I am not a fan of the V6 twin turbo.

-Scott

PS: Acadia, where is that cool photo of the hot chick in the wagon A4 turbo you had on your avatar? With all the crazy art scenes?

By the way, hot young women prefer guys with Audis. I did a survey and asked dozens of hot under 30 women here in Orange County if they likes the Mercedes SL, BMW M3 or Audi S5. All said Audi! SO, looks like Audi is a chick magnet to boot! Not thats why I am wanting one but nice side benefit!

And I always thought Mercedes was a ***** magnet. Nope! Its for old geezers, lol!
Old 11-22-2009, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sjenner

I bought my car, 2 years, I paid what I could get in my area, but here is the kicker, no one had to convince me to buy the S5, it's the car I wanted, congratulations on your deal, I got a fully loaded 2009, S5, every option, paid manufacturer Audi Care, Tint, and clear bra thrown in, I got a great deal for me. And I'd make the same deal again. I got the car I wanted, I didn't want the M3, I didn't want Lexus, I didn't want MB, porsch Cayman or whatever else, I wasn't going to buy those, I purchased the car, I wanted to purchase the S5. Finally, like I said if you feel everyone offers you such a better deal, don't buy the S5, clearly, you were willing to compromise on what you wanted so get something else.

$58K is great deal for an S5, no doubt, what options did you get, also is that including the European delivery, you get 5% off for doing Euro Delivery, so that's even more off. Also, I'd make sure to get drive select and the sport differential, B&O, 3g MMI, ... I also have the Adaptive Cruise (But it's just so so option), the other 3 are key, the biggest option believe it or not, is Side Assist, being as the rearview is so minimal it comes in handy, daily.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Why I chose Audi S5 over BMW M3 and Mercedes SL55 AMG

A new fully loaded Audi S5 is less expensive, just as fun and nice, lower insurance cost and more exclusive and rare.

I live in Orange County in southern California. Every other car is a BMW, Mercedes or Lexus! I see a lot less Audis.
Plus, the hot under 30 babes dig Audis so it will get me more tail while saving cash and cruising in style without getting tickets or losing my drivers license. I love the raw 500+ HP of the SL55 AMG but I would get 50 tickets in a week by driving 150mph without realizing it.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes- the car is in demand but so is the new M3, GT-R, etc. But I do not see dealers markups for these other hot cars.
great news, i love my seed upgrade.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes- the car is in demand but so is the new M3, GT-R, etc. But I do not see dealers markups for these other hot cars.
great news, i love my seed upgrade.