Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 125764

Default Mounted iPhone 5 to AMI

I have a ProClip mount for my iPhone 5, but right now it's not connected into the audio system at all (other than bluetooth for calls and such). I have a separate iPod Classic in the glove compartment for music and podcasts. I like that the Classic can actually hold all of my music (the iPhone can't), but it's a real hassle to have to bring it in to sync podcasts all the time. So I'm thinking of trying to connect my iPhone into the AMI in place of the iPod. I'm wondering if any of you have done this, and what works best.

I looked into the bluetooth audio solutions and they all seemed to have issues.

Other options I'm considering:

* Get an AMI 3.5mm stereo cable, along with a 3.5mm extension cable to reach from the glove box to the phone mounted on the dash. This would carry the audio, but I wouldn't get any control in the car interface, and it would require two cables to the phone (the current Lightning cable for power plus one for audio).

* Get a 30 pin to lightning adapter and attach it at the phone, plus a 30 pin extension cable. This seems straightforward; the only real downside is that the adapter plus cable at the phone might look kind of bulky.

* Get a 30 pin to lightning adapter and attach it to the AMI cable in the glove box, plus a Lightning extension cable. This seems cleanest visually, but I haven't been able to find a Lightning extension cable that seems long enough (and there don't appear to be any that are officially sanctioned by Apple, though I don't care about that if it works).

Are you using any of these solutions with success, or something else?

It seems like the ideal would be this but much longer (and ideally black), but that doesn't exist as far as I can see...
Old 07-11-2014, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement